Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my name is Jason Rousseau. I'm from a little town named Chute-aux-Outardes in the province of Quebec, Canada. I'm riding since two years now. I already owned a 1972 Yamaha XS650 and I rebuild it completely stock about two years ago. My first "real" bike was a 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic that I bought in december 2010 and I sold it this spring. After, I found a 2001 Yamaha Roadstar with a stage 2 head kit and a matte black paint job. I was supposed to keep it for two or three years but I went to HD roadtests this summer. I tried a Night Rod and I fell in love with it. I needed one as soon as possible. After looking at V-Rod videos on youtube, I saw the Victory Hammer model. Two days ago, I went to a Victory dealer (the nearest dealer is at 200 miles from here) to see a 2012 Hammer 8 Ball. What had to happen happened, I came out of the dealer sitting on the bike ready to bring it back in my shop. I'm really happy with my new toy, the Roadstar is for sale and I'm sure that I will keep this one for longer than a year :ltr:.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm really happy with my new toy, the Roadstar is for sale and I'm sure that I will keep this one for longer than a year :ltr:.
Although I feel that way with my Kingpin now, I realize I've said that with many of the bikes I've had over the years. A great part of being a rider, to me, is owning and experiencing a wide variety of bikes. When I could, I've had 3 or 4 in the garage to choose from, but being down to just one now, I'll enjoy the KP for a year or two, and then move on when something else strikes my fancy--might just be a Vic XC--they are some sweet looking rides!
Oh, and welcome from sunny Fort Myers, FL...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Although I feel that way with my Kingpin now, I realize I've said that with many of the bikes I've had over the years. A great part of being a rider, to me, is owning and experiencing a wide variety of bikes. When I could, I've had 3 or 4 in the garage to choose from, but being down to just one now, I'll enjoy the KP for a year or two, and then move on when something else strikes my fancy--might just be a Vic XC--they are some sweet looking rides!
Oh, and welcome from sunny Fort Myers, FL...
I understand, I have four bikes in my shop right now. And I'm still not sure if I'm gonna keep or sell my Roadstar since the Hammer is not really a great bike for a passenger but I'll change the seat soon. My girlfriend and my son just ride with me for short trip around town so that's why I'm not sure Also, my Yamaha just have 15000 miles on it so it still good for a lot of time, these engines are almost unbreakable.

Here's some pictures of my nike that I took this afternoon.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I can see why you bought the bike. It is very, very nice!! Enjoy all your bikes, since you can't have too many in your garage. Right? thumb up

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can see why you bought the bike. It is very, very nice!! Enjoy all your bikes, since you can't have too many in your garage. Right? thumb up
With a total of four bikes in my garage (I forgot to say that I have not one but two 1972 XS650), there's not much space left for another one! Even if I had enough space, not sure that my girlfriend will agree!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Nice bike. Love Quebec. Any relation to Rosseau hockey? My son goes to Francois Allaire's camp in St. Therese outside of Laval. Would love to ride through the small towns on the way to Mt. Tremblanc have fun

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone !

Nice bike. Love Quebec. Any relation to Rosseau hockey? My son goes to Francois Allaire's camp in St. Therese outside of Laval. Would love to ride through the small towns on the way to Mt. Tremblanc have fun
No, I don't have any family member in the Montreal area. Mt. Tremblant seems a great place to ride but it's far away from my place, about 8 hours from here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts