Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally scored and rode my Hammer the 3 hr ride home. Bought an 07 Hammer S with 9700 miles on her and love it. I am very impressed with how easy it leans while riding. I just got off of a 1000 cc Crotch Rocket that I would abuse on the twisties and I must say I love the way this Hammer feels, exceeded my expectations for sure. Didn't take long on the ride home before I removed almost any chicken strip from the rear tire.

At what RPM is this motor the happiest when cruising? I want to keep her at her happiest.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Great choice, I as well came from a sport bike to a Hammer and haven't looked back (although I may get another track bike). When cruising to I'm usually sitting at 2500-3000rpm anything below that and it's lugging....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Same here , 2500 -3000 .....thumb up

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

And Mr. Buzzcut, you know it's bad form to talk about "dropping" the Hammer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome from another rider in MO

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got a 2005 and it seems hapiest right around 3k rpm. I too try to stay between 2500 and 3000. Of course when Hammering down I go up to 5000.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys....I figured about 2500 felt like a good range to keep it at. Put a couple hundred miles on her over the weekend and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats! I like to cruise around in the high teens and low 20's. Great sound and plenty responsive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts