Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody....Made the mistake last weekend of going to the demo day at the (somewhat) local dealer. I've lusted after the Hammer for half a dozen or so years but the opportunity to ride one never came up. I figured it would be a harmless little ride and I'd get it out of my system. Nope. Bought the 2012 8-ball they had sitting on the showroom floor and added a tri-pro exhaust, pullback handlebars and a tach kit to it. Sometimes you find a bike that fits you perfectly and just "feels right". Comfortable, gobs of torque and great handling. That's what i found in the Hammer. It's going to be a bit of an adjustment as I'm coming off of a Kawasaki ZX-14 but at 42 years of age, I've about had enough of sport bikes. Too hard on the back, neck and legs. I figure it's time to slow down and enjoy the ride. Should be picking it up this weekend if I can find the time to get to the bank to arrange things. Little excited to say the least! :pepper: dance 1

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Congrats man, I have the same bike and as well came off a sport bike. Your gonna love the hammer it's a great bike. Just have to ask were the pull back bars the hammer already had not enough? I went the other way and put drag bars on it...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats man, I have the same bike and as well came off a sport bike. Your gonna love the hammer it's a great bike. Just have to ask were the pull back bars the hammer already had not enough? I went the other way and put drag bars on it...
lol sorry not up on the victory parts terminology yet....I went with the "ness fly" bars. i didn't realize there was an actual set of 'pull back" bars. sorry for the confusion. Looked at the drag bars but there wasn't a set installed on a bike at that dealership so I couldn't try out the riding position. The ness fly bar felt more comfortable to me than the standard bar so I said what the heck and got it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had my Hammer for a while and looked at other bikes. Always say, "no, I can't do it" and still have her. It is a great bike, very comfortable and with lots of power. Enjoy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally made the trek to take the Hammer home today. Dealership is about an hour away and it was cold and wet (pretty sure it was wet snow at one point) but it's now in my garage. The Ness Fly handlebars fit my desired riding position like a glove and the tri-pro exhaust sounds and looks awesome! Even got a few "thumbs up" on the ride home.
Supposed to be nice tomorrow so I'll give it a wash/wax and post up some pictures.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
What is your stature?

I'm about 5'10" with a 34" inseam. Sometimes I fell like the bars might be too close

Are the fly bars closer, or more of a reach ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam. I think they may be a little closer than the stock handlebars but they feel a little higher to me and the grips feel more perpendicular to the bike if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum Canuckian. I hope you really get to enjoy that bike. I just lastv week bought a Vision so I am also in my honeymoon with my new bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts