Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Picking up a new 2016 Hammer S from a local dealer later this week. It was the only bike on his showroom floor. I'm 65 years old, been riding motorcycles since I was a teenager, and looking forward to my new ride. I'm trading in a Suzuki S83 and I also ride a 2015 Yamaha FZ-09. I live in central Florida.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Welcome from the Pacific Northwet. I started riding before you were born! 1952 to be exact. I've had a lot of bikes since then and I'm here to tell you that you are going to absolutely love that Hammer. Even tho I'm an old fart, I do all my own work on my XR cuz Ma Vic made 'em so easy to service. Lots of advice here for the asking. Enjoy the bike and this forum.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Elmvale ON canada....

Ditto on Ricz lots of help here and great info!!!

Ride safe and enjoy

Rob

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome from Southern Oregon. Have fun on the new ride.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Gday mate!
Welcome from DownUnder...Oz
VICTORY--We Ride!!

You are gonna lurve it:devil

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
Welcome to the victory forum, ride safe

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks for the welcome.
When it comes to owning a Victory I feel like the person that arrived late to the party. Back in 92 I purchased a new Suzuki VS1400 Intruder, and felt like I was ahead of the crowd in reference to metric cruisers scene. And just last year I picked up the same bike (actually a 2005 S83 but the same bike actually) just to get back to owning a cruiser. I really like that bike so I'm somewhat sad knowing she will be gone by Saturday when I pick up my Victory Hammer. Hoping that the Hammer will be a quick remedy.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Thanks folks for the welcome.
When it comes to owning a Victory I feel like the person that arrived late to the party. Back in 92 I purchased a new Suzuki VS1400 Intruder, and felt like I was ahead of the crowd in reference to metric cruisers scene. And just last year I picked up the same bike (actually a 2005 S83 but the same bike actually) just to get back to owning a cruiser. I really like that bike so I'm somewhat sad knowing she will be gone by Saturday when I pick up my Victory Hammer. Hoping that the Hammer will be a quick remedy.
Your Intruder will soon become a distant memory when you throw a leg over your Hammer.
Just remember Don't Lug It..,...Rev It! (warm it up but)

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Assuming your Hammer has no miles, she's gonna be tight - it takes about 3K miles to break in these engines. Vary the revs - don't hop on a hwy. and hold a constant speed. Don't ride under 2500 rpm and shoot up to 4K every so often. Give it a full minute warm up and go easy at first.

·
13,177 Posts
Spacecoast
great for you. Ask for owners book it will give you good info

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville! Enjoy that awesome bike!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts