Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Jason. I just picked up a new 2012 Hammer S, Black.Indy Red today. Traded in a 2006 CBR600RR. Cant wait to get out and put some miles on her.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Good looking bike. I used to live in Frankfort

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Nice bike! Victory has some pretty good deals going on right now. I bet the '12s go pretty quick...at least it looks that way around here. I went in today and put an order in for the '12 Kingpin with mods (it has to be shipped down from another dealer out of state), the salesman I was working with had about 7 seperate stacks of paperwork from other customers. I asked if he's been selling them new '13s and he told me they were all 12's. 7 in one day for 1 salesman. thumb up

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Remember that with that fat rear you aren't going to be able to corner quite the same as you did on your previous bike so be careful!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't even come close to the cornering ability of the cbr. I've already used more tire on the hammer.

Couple questions.....

What up with the first service? Does the dealer have to do it? Will they use the oil of my choice?

How do I get the gauge to show mpg and other thing noted in the manual? It list them under accessory mode.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
You can do your own service and your best bet is to go to one of BBob's posts so you can get to the link for Service Manual downloads. Note that having Mozilla instead of Internet Explorer will help avoid download problems.

Also in order to get the guage extras (2nd trip meter, ambient temperature, etc) you'll have to take it to the dealer to get a speedo unlock uing the Victory Digital Wrench program. It should be $50 plus the cost of the temp sensor (if wanted) so it won't break the bank but if the few extra features aren't worth it to you skipping it won't hurt.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can do your own service and your best bet is to go to one of BBob's posts so you can get to the link for Service Manual downloads. Note that having Mozilla instead of Internet Explorer will help avoid download problems.

Also in order to get the guage extras (2nd trip meter, ambient temperature, etc) you'll have to take it to the dealer to get a speedo unlock uing the Victory Digital Wrench program. It should be $50 plus the cost of the temp sensor (if wanted) so it won't break the bank but if the few extra features aren't worth it to you skipping it won't hurt.
Awesome thanks for the info. I do all my own work on cars, bikes, etc. If I can get away with servicing it myself and not void the 5 year warranty I will. As for the extras. It may almost be worth it, I like the idea of mpg and the temp sounds cool too..

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I've had my XR for almost 2 years and just got the unlock today. Beside what was already mentioned it also includes voltage, average mpg, remaining miles, average fuel economy and instant economy.

After playing with it I have no idea how I went this long without!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts