Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2013 EICMA: 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 and Street 500 — First Official Photos

I didn't expect this from Harley. The rumor mill has been talking about it for years and with the Buel Blast gone they needed a smaller bike for their Rider's Edge course. I just didn't expect Harley to release a liquid cooled entry level bike just as the typical riding season is wrapping up in the US.

Then just when you think you've seen it all, you find out that they're made in India AND revealed in Italy!!!

The Harley-Davidson Street 750 and Street 500 will be rolling into dealerships in select markets starting in 2014. More info is available at www.h-d.com/street.

Read more: http://blogs.motorcyclecruiser.com/6804346/motorcycle-accessories/harleys-all-new-platform-announced/#ixzz2jjLX3wLN

I wonder if this is part of the reason that Willie G. retired last year :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Harley has already done 750 with the legendary XR.
Vrod for water cooled.
Nothing new from an innovation standpoint.

What is new is the full court press to market for and to an international customer base. I imagine it is fine with Milwaukee if they can sell to entry level Americans but the growing market is the overseas market that sees 500 cc' s as big displacement.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Pop said:
What is new is the full court press to market for and to an international customer base. I imagine it is fine with Milwaukee if they can sell to entry level Americans but the growing market is the overseas market that sees 500 cc' s as big displacement.
^ Bingo, we have a winner.

·
Registered
282 Posts
^ Bingo, we have a winner.
^ Exactly.
There is, ahem, a rather large market outside North America. There are even people in other parts of the world who ride Victory motorbikes and participate on this forum! Like me. Shock! We are a global community folks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
I hope they sell millions of them.

Like all the same repetitive threads here on a Victory forum about these bikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts