Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
images.jpg
They saw the new Vic emblem and decided to update theirs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
This 100% deserves a LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,533 Posts
That's funny, I have a co-worker who bought a new HD at about the same time I bought my new KP. Mine is in the shop right now getting my up grades installed and his is in the shop for a faulty regulator.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
It is, afterall, their 110th anniversary. Something significant was in order!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
That's funny, I have a co-worker who bought a new HD at about the same time I bought my new KP. Mine is in the shop right now getting my up grades installed and his is in the shop for a faulty regulator.
What's really funny is I have a friend who bought a new HD about the same time I bought my new XCT. Mine was in the shop for its 500 mi service. His was in the shop for......drum roll....a faulty regulator.

He has a $27K 2012 Ultra, and the bad regulator left him on the side of the road within a week after purchase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Reminds me of a Joke heard at a Rally

94% of all Harleys built are still on the road............. The other 6% made it home.

:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,632 Posts
94% of all Harleys built are still on the road............. The other 6% made it home.

:D
What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

One sucks and makes a lot of noise and the other is a vacuum.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,988 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,533 Posts
Just curious, how many guys here have actually owned a Harley?
Not I, I wanted a good, reliable bike. Over the years I've knows several people on a personal level that have bought new HDs. Almost everyone of them have had problems from the start. I learned from them...I won't buy one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Interesting, I see a lot of complaints about those so called “Harley people”, you know the haters. But I tend to meet a lot Vic people who are haters and talk ****, like this thread. I have owned just about every make of bike out there including a handful of HD’s and I will own another HD at some point. If you look at the sheer number of bikes HD puts on the road they are no more good or bad than any other brand out there. When Vic get’s to the production number that HD has it will be interesting to see the reliability numbers. By the way I love my Vic’s but do not hate HD’s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,533 Posts
HD currently has a big problem with regulators, this came from the HD dealer according to my co worker who just bought his new HD. Brand new, these bikes are heading to the shop in a matter of a couple weeks. One of the biggest turn offs for me was the ability to disable the back cylinder to prevent damage from overheating. Really? A bandaid? They clearly have had overheating problems for years. So instead of actually fixing that problem, they design a "bypass" that prevents the damage by disabling a cylinder, leaving you with half the motor until the condition that caused the overheating changes. In northern states this may be a non issue for most riders or even the weekend rider. Down here, it gets hot. This summer was a bit hotter at 110-115 with real high humidity to boot, seeing HDs cooling off on the side of the road was not a rare sight. I really looked into this aspect with the Vics since they are just oil and air cooled too. I found that Vic uses double the valves and has 60% more oil capacity for better cooling. HD should take note.

P.S. sorry if I offend any HD riders or lovers of the brand. It's just not for me. I've not been impressed and for the money, I obviously choose Vic
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
918 Posts
ThaT is Funny as hell :ltr:

Mavagrand--->Oh had a wide glide in the corp but it was in 1980....It was a great bike for then but compared to the KP now...no comparison..The Vic hands down is a superior machine..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting, I see a lot of complaints about those so called “Harley people”, you know the haters. But I tend to meet a lot Vic people who are haters and talk ****, like this thread. I have owned just about every make of bike out there including a handful of HD’s and I will own another HD at some point. If you look at the sheer number of bikes HD puts on the road they are no more good or bad than any other brand out there. When Vic get’s to the production number that HD has it will be interesting to see the reliability numbers. By the way I love my Vic’s but do not hate HD’s.
Lighten up dude, I just thought everybody needs a good laugh once in a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
I owned a Harley V Rod. Told by all the Harley guys I bought a chick bike. Weird the chick bike was way faster than their Man bikes. Went with Victory and now ride mostly alone
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Interesting, I see a lot of complaints about those so called “Harley people”, you know the haters. But I tend to meet a lot Vic people who are haters and talk ****, like this thread. I have owned just about every make of bike out there including a handful of HD’s and I will own another HD at some point. If you look at the sheer number of bikes HD puts on the road they are no more good or bad than any other brand out there. When Vic get’s to the production number that HD has it will be interesting to see the reliability numbers. By the way I love my Vic’s but do not hate HD’s.
Not a Harley hater here, but will probably never pay for one. There technology is 20 years old and the bikes are not reliable, all of my buddies except one ride them. We are always stopping to work on them on trips. I love the looks and the sound of them, but way over priced for what you get.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
918 Posts
I stopped at the route 66 harley store in tulsa today. I parked right out front next to the other HDs. I came in milled around talked to some parts guys.Everything was cool. I talked to a sales guy or he talked to me looking for some fresh meat. I then noticed as we talked 2 guys outside walk over and past my bike not stopping but rubber necking the whole time.. They walked on past and then turned around and came back by. They would not dare stop and look and they about broke their neck again looking as they went by, and when they came in the door they told another guy " its a Victory". The salesman then took a new tune with me which was as if he knew I wasnt going to buy anything. He was short and uninterested in anything I said. It was kinda funny..I did notice the apparell area was huge near the size of the show room....Humm :crzy:
 
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Top