Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to upgrade my 11 XR with a heated seat. Went with the Victory "Touring seat". A bit thicker cushion, so I sit up a bit higher. Not a lot higher, but just a bit. Love keeping my arse warm on the cold mornings! The only complaint is the switches. Toggles are awkward to use while riding. Although I guess if it's cold out you just turn it on before you hop on. I may see about moving the switches to the handlebars sometime

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I put the same heated seat on my 2011 XC in the first year. I agree about the location of the toggles. I just left the two of them in the up position at all times. cheers

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
I agree, whoever thought locating the switches behind the case is an idiot, so I relocated the switches to the triangular area ahead of the left side case. Very easily accessed. Ditched the toggles for more flush rockers.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Just picked up my XR on saturday and got a heated touring seat along with it. Haven't had a chance to install yet so I'm curious about the switch relocation. Anyone have pictures of what they did for reference?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ricz, I'm in the same boat as the rest of them - can you send pictures of how you relocated your seat switches? That's one of my major complaints for my CCT - wearing heavy winter gloves, it's impossible to adjust the seat heat. Sometimes I set them before if leave, but then it's never "right" later on. Thanks, - Mike

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I agree, whoever thought locating the switches behind the case is an idiot, so I relocated the switches to the triangular area ahead of the left side case. Very easily accessed. Ditched the toggles for more flush rockers.
I would like to see a pic of that, please

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Stand by while I take the photos and post them. Hopefully it will be later today.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I will also need to know what switched you used and if you have a link to them. I can probably handle the rest. Hell, I just wired an 02' RK with cruise on Saturday for my brother.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
DR, you'll have to go by the picture to determine which switch was used. The guy who customized my saddle had 'em and put it in. I can operate them with winter gloves.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Here is a pic of the heated saddle switches on my XR. Placed where I can easily reach them. I hope Ma Vic takes notice.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
I don't understand having to run wires to the dash when there's a convenient place on the saddle. When removing the seat, I have only one connector to unplug. Easy peasy. Why complicate things?

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I have a Day-Long saddle and I am not going to compromise it so as not to void the warranty. I am a decent upholstery person, but I am not going to attempt adding that to my current saddle and I do not want to ship it back to CA when I am in CT. Too much hassle. I may do the side cover for the controls instead.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
I would contact Day-Long and ask if placing switched there would hurt anything and/or void the warranty. That is too convenient a place for the switches for me to want to give up on that. If you are the upholstery guy you say, this should be a walk in the park for you. I'm on your side here, trying to save you some work and complications. I'm one of those K.I.S.S. people you've heard about.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
What ever flips your switch!:)

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
When it gets too warm, I reach down and turn it off. Too cool? Turn it on! Too simple, eh Soofle?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts