Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I have been disappointed with the lack of selection out there for heel rests/stirrups. So, I've been working on my own custom part for the foot peg bikes, i.e. Vegas, Hammer, Jackpot, Highball, Judge.

I want to make something that complements the great custom foot & shifter pegs some of the Vic specific vendors have been coming out with. I want to know who else out there would be interested in a new custom heel rest/stirrup. I hope to have enough people interested in them to make the price very competitive with other existing vendors but with better selection.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What I am working on will be mounted to the frame using an existing frame bolt just behind the stock driver peg mounts.

·
13,262 Posts
:worthless without:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:worthless without:

I just installed my prototype heel rests this evening. here are a few pics.

Once i know it won't break & fly off after only 5 miles, i will round off the sharp edges and powder coat it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Retail price?

What does everybody think a reasonable price should be for these heel rests. Keep in mind the corners on the final product will be rounded off and the whole thing powder coated black.

·
Registered
56 Posts
They look pretty bad ass! Question is how much did the materials cost + your labor time. That is how I would calculate the cost but, I am the type of guy that didn't feel like paying these places that are selling dual horizontal/vertical mount plates for $250. I did what you did went to Lowes picked up some materials and welded my own total cost (26.79 see the pic below). Honestly I would not want to pay more than like 80. That is just my two cents

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
What does everybody think a reasonable price should be for these heel rests. Keep in mind the corners on the final product will be rounded off and the whole thing powder coated black.
Why not just getb floorboards? :confused:

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
We out here in the Northwest calls 'em foot pegs. =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts