Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the Kewl Metal heel shifter on my 2011 XC, but when I step on it to put shift to second gear it hits the floor board. Not sure what I need to adjust....please help.

·
13,031 Posts
Loosen the nuts on the shift linkage and adjust. you might need to take arm off shifter shaft to get the right height

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loosen the nuts on the shift linkage and adjust. you might need to take arm off shifter shaft to get the right height
I adjusted the arm so that the heel shifter comes up a little higher. Not sure but I don't think the bike will shift into second at idle. It's raining here so I haven't been able to road test it yet.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My heel shifter sits pretty close to the deck. Most of the time it is no problem, especially if I pay attention to RPM's when shifting. Sometimes I get lazy though and every once in awhile when I shift from 1 to 2 it misses and goes into N. Pisses me off, but not enough to worry too much about...I'd rather have the heel shifter as low as possible so as not to have to lift my leg like a dog to shift...;)!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts