Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded in my 2013 hayabusa for a 2014 highball.
This is my first cruiser. It's actually the first cruiser I have even ridden.
Took it for a test drive and went back the next day and set up the deal.

Love everything about it so far minus the strange noise I am getting in the rear wheel. I'm not sure if it's new bike paranoia or the belt or maybe a wheel bearing. The rear is making some type of "whirring" noise as I come to a stop/slow down. Anyone have any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
8,945 Posts
Just traded in my 2013 hayabusa for a 2014 highball.
This is my first cruiser. It's actually the first cruiser I have even ridden.
Took it for a test drive and went back the next day and set up the deal.

Love everything about it so far minus the strange noise I am getting in the rear wheel. I'm not sure if it's new bike paranoia or the belt or maybe a wheel bearing. The rear is making some type of "whirring" noise as I come to a stop/slow down. Anyone have any suggestions.
Welcome to the forum,
is it only when your rear brake is applied?
I'd be going back to the dealer and asking them,
maybe you need louder pipes?...I rode without my helmet the other day through some unpopulated backroads and at low speed heard many noises I've never head before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum,
is it only when your rear brake is applied?
I'd be going back to the dealer and asking them,
maybe you need louder pipes?...I rode without my helmet the other day through some unpopulated backroads and at low speed heard many noises I've never head before.
It's actually when it's not applied. Someone suggested maybe it's the pads rubbing. I'll have to see if it goes away when I apply the rear brakes.

I deff need louder pipes. Another suggestion to not here the noise. Haha. I have a few friends with various victory sale which have aftermarket pipes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts