Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, Im new to this forum for about a month. Im on the hunt for a new bike and have been looking at a Victory. I currently ride an 07 StreetGlide and been looking at the Victory touring bikes they have to offer. Well, yesterday I decided to finally test ride a Cross Country. I think I was at the local Victory dealership for about an hour after I test rode and asked a million questions.

Heres my opinion......I rode a 2011 Cross Country that had pipes on it, not sure exactly what they were, but on it and rev on it sounded pretty awesome. I love the looks of the front fairing, and I dig the easy instrumentation cluster. The controls on the bars seemed far away from each other, and I had to look down a couple of times down at the bar to see where the tur signal was, but was not difficult to operate. I do kinda wished that the radio controls were a lil closer to the thumb. Sitting on it, with me vertically challenge was nice as I had both feet flat on the ground. Bike feels way lighter than the SG and once on it I knew taking turns would not scare me. The bags an storage space is pretty awesome and knowin what my wife carries on just a weekend tour she will suffice filling a bag up. The rear tailights look pretty cool, reminded me so much of a cadillac, although Im not one with the rear being too curvy lookin but after that day was not too bad. The test ride was a quik 3-4 mile ride due to the heavy rainstorm that was gettin ready to hit. We didnt get on a road that was real heavy in turns, but decent sweeps....but the CC felt real good in them spots, it felt as if it wanted to do more than just lean. The 106 motor felt pretty good, but kinda felt a lil laggy. The salesman in front of me was on a new Vision and it seemed the Vision motor had a lil more pep.(The salesman told me later on that the Vision motor has morego on it...not sure if it was pumped up or the way it was built.) The radio is pretty simple to use, but Im sure if I were to go CC Id end up adding the ipod connection so I can blast my heavy metal and my ghetto rap music. The handling is awesome and the brakes I barely tapped and was already slowing down. The onlything I didnt like was the huge wind bufeting. Compared to my SG, it was nasty. It was as if I was on a non fairing bike. I might be exagerating a bit, but thats what I felt. Salesman did say thats an easy fix with a bigger windshield. I however like the looks of the stock size windshield. I also asked about the tour pack they have for the victory's and he showed me a black one that had one, and I liked the styling, tailight and how it comes with speakers, a major plus.

Am I gettin ready to sell my SG:MAYBE. Other than the wind bufeting, everything was what I thought itd be. Its a bad ass bike. Maybe Ill look into Arlen Ness or another after market company on a 21" billet wheel, since I do have that on my SG and would love that look.

Ill keep you guys up to date....I might just go VICTORY.

·
Premium Member
12,986 Posts
I had the same experience with the wind buffeting. I would definitely need the taller shield for the XC to work for me.

Glad you liked it. I traded in a HD Night Train for a Vic Jackpot and I really like the JP much more than the NT. I still have my "old" E. Glide and see no reason to change anytime soon but if I did it would most likely be for the XC. I also like the reliability and power of the Vic's as well as some basic things like one drain plug instead of three and a much easier rear belt replacement.

·
12,970 Posts
liking the victory

Keep in mind dealers are hurting and willing to deal. Ask for the 500 mile check up as part of the new buy. Ask for a 20% off on any extra parts you want.
The part about the vision motor being different is B/S the factory builds the motor and they don't care what model it goes in. On my vision I didn't feel all the power till about 6000 miles then it came alive. I sold my 09 street glide for the vision and it tuck a good month for me to get comfortable and now the only thing I will do is trade it for another one.
In time you will get used to the bike and keep in mind its more a buyers market then a seller and if he don;t want to deal with you there will be a dealer that will.
Happy Trails to you:)

·
Registered
368 Posts
bobberino, welcome and I think you're looking in the right place.
About a month ago I traded my Road King for a new '09 Kingpin. The quality and technology of Victory is superior to HD in my opinion. Victory seems to listen to their customer base as well as motorcycle enthusiasts in general, and make positive changes to improve an already extremely reliable product. You won't walk into a Vic dealer next year to find the only changes are different colors of the same models.
Honestly, I looked at another HD, but just couldn't justify the cost both out of pocket along with the maint.
If you are a do-it-your selfer... at least basic maint like oil changes, going back to 1 hole, 1 fluid is a plus.
If you decide on Victory, give them a shot at your 'glide and see what they offer on trade. Get a price online before going to the dealer and find out what your trade & retail price is. Besides a low, low interest rate & discounts, I was given well over trade in, and just under retail, enough that I decided not to mess with trying to sell mine outright.
Keep up the research project, best of luck in whatever you choose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts