Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, please help. i have a 2006 vegas jackpot that i love, i went out the other day for a ride and the battery was dead. well here is where i need help, i replaced the battery and now it has a dead spot in the throttle just off idle. enough of one that if you hold it there it will die. i went ahead and replaced the plugs and put fresh fuel in it. any ideas?

thanks,
quentin

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
TPS reset? just a thought, not sure...

·
Registered
372 Posts
TPS reset? just a thought, not sure...
There is a certain procedure for this using the key switch and the kill switch in a certain combination. I used to know it but don't remember it. You can do a search for tps reset or maybe KevinX or someone else will chime in that remembers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i have done the tps reset a couple times and it didnt seem to affect it, also put about 10-15 miles on it yesterday and still has a dead spot right off idle. can the dealer run diag on it and be able to tell what it is doing? i do believe it is in the tps.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is it possible there was a piggy back efi or a flash to the maps that was affected by the loss of the battery... and left a hole in your maps? just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts