Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I am. I've been reading posts on this site for over a year now, but never actually became a member. So the time has come to register and hopefully give back to the community that has helped me figure out so much about my Cross Country!

My first Victory was a '15 Cross Country in suede black and red pin stripes. Loved that bike! Perfect for me! November 27th 2015, a guy on the street thought otherwise when he ran a red light and broadsided me doing 60mph. If it wasn't for the crash bars keeping his bumper from crushing it, I doubt I would have a left leg right now. Quick trip to the ER, in and out of consciousness. A few broken bones, really banged and bruised spine, and a bit of road rash of road rash on the face, but I was decently okay. My beautiful baby was trashed, though. Took the brunt of the impact on the side and slid down the road. The frame cracked where the bars took the impact of the bumper. All in all, the insurance stated $23K in damages.... yup; totaled.

Fast forward to February 2016, I'm out of the cast, flexing decently, and my lawsuit in full push, I decided to purchase another Vic. This time, a Magnum. With some slight mods from the dealer, including a Klockwerks windscreen, forged highway bars, and RC Components slip-on exhaust. To this day, this is what I'm riding. So far, no other near death experiences!

Since this is an intro thread, I'll go on a little bit more personal:

I enjoy riding, especially after my divorce last year. It's something that I can do and no one can keep me from having a little free time after work. Country back roads are my favorite. I know, the XC is made for highways, but I LOVE the twisties!!! Scraping floorboards in the hairpins is a thrill that nothing in this world can replace!

If there's anyone in the immediate vicinity that loves to ride and wants to get together sometime for a tour of North Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, or wherever, let me know. I live near Huntsville, AL, and am always up for a ride, as long as my dog is taken care of first!

Bike so far:
2015 Victory XC Magnum, victory red black/grey stripes
RC Components exhaust
Klockwerks windsreen
Forged highway bars
Mods that I have done myself:
Lloyd's Big Air intake filter
Lloyd's adjustable timing wheel (+4 degrees atm)
Power Commander V
Power Commander Autotuner
Kyruken lay down & curved chrome license plate
Kyruken Sabertooth accent lights

Bought a Stebel horn, but haven't installed YET!:devil:devil:devil

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I'm glad to hear it all worked out and you're ok! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums! Bummer way to get a Magnum but glad to see you didn't let the crash keep you from getting back on two wheels!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Welcome from Tuscaloosa. Let me know if you are ever down this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
"" ɯnɹoɟ ɔıʌ әɥʇ oʇ әɯoɔlәʍ ""

looks like you are lucky to be standing on 2 feet and not one ??

can't resist of asking for 1 pictures of the wrecked bike AND a few of THAT AWESOME MAGNUM of course.....

Sent from my A51w using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I'll see about uploading the photos of Black XC before and after wreck and the current Redheaded banshee! For now, work,work,work,work...... lol :nerd

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So here's some photos. I'll have to dig up the wreck photos off the phone later.

2015 Victory Cross Country suede black
cleaned vic.jpg
ride.jpg

The new ride! :grin:grin:grin
2015 Cross Country Magnum
IMAG0038.jpg
IMAG0042_1.jpg
IMAG0581.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Super cool pictures.... abandoned places... thanks for taking the time ..

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
View attachment 185066

This is the only cool pic I have of my bike...
That is just wayyyyy cool ...

Go back to that same place and make a wheelie on the same spot ... that would be the coolest ever .....

I wanna go on a road-trip again grrrrtr

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Is blurry on your end Andre?
It more looks like ""low resolution"" to me .... but on this picture it gives character ... what do I know ... ha ha ... the only camera I have these days is a phone camera ...

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's the wreck. The guy took my left side. Lucky I had bars. As the bike tipped, the bar folded over, ripping itself from the frame bolts. I was already on the ground and rolling by then, I guess. The next thing I knew, I was in the ER.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
S
H
I
Ttttyy

Your a "lucky" man .... it could have turned out very different... looking at the wreckage.... pfffff

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The incident happened on 27th Nov, 2015, I was headed back to my house on highway 72 eastbound, going over the far side Chapmin Mountain from Huntsville. There is an intersection with several lanes and a traffic light at the base of the mountain. Myself and a Mustang were necking it, I scanned around when I saw the light turn green, ensuring there was no red light runners. All clear, then I noticed the Mustang slowed down from our 55mph speed down the slope. I looked right ahead of me to find a car slipping through the turn lane and coming right into my lane. I had two choices:

1) slam brakes, possibly lose control, and slam into the side of the car, or
2) go WOT and scoot as far to the right, praying that I can slide in front of him.

I took option 2. Unfortunately I still got tagged, but luckily it wasn't a sudden impact like it would have been if I were to hit HIS door! Instead, I was thrown from the bike at about 60 mph to go toppling across the pavement, finally coming to a stop about 35 feet from the impact area with my head about eight inches from a concrete curb that would have REALLY hurt if my face had come into contact with it while tumbling!

Being a chilly night in November, I had on my leather jacket and vest with my eagle, globe, and anchor insignia on the back. I came down on my right shoulder, it seems, looking at the impact scrapes on the vest and jacket. Bruises around each of my knees, bruised tail bone about 6 inches along lower spine that made the sciatic nerve in the right leg make my leg go numb for about a week, broken left hand, broken left foot, road rash on face and chin, black eye where the eyewear crashed against the bone, and cuts and scrapes galore. I'm just glad I had been wearing my leather jacket, or I probably wouldn't have much skin left on my right shoulder and blade!

So yes, pretty much, the guy gave false info to the cop as I was wheeled away to the ER. He had no insurance, drivers license suspended due to other incidents, and the car wasn't even in his name..... My lawyer found all this info out. Luckily I carried an insurance policy that covers me in this instance with uninsured/underinsured motorists. That extra $350 a year has now come to my rescue!

All in all, it has been my second destroyed bike since I started riding. The first was destroyed in another uninsured motorist collision a few years prior. That guy decided to gas it while I was still stopped in front of him! Ugh, people can be such idiots at times..... lol.:frown

1 - 19 of 19 Posts