Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In looking at XCT bikes from 2012-2016 is there any changes or pretty much the same? I see quite few for sale with 25k miles on them, I assume that is nothing on these bikes but wanted to check. We do about 5,000 miles a year.

anything to look out for on these?

thank you

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
welcome to the forum, the XC's are the best kept secret on the planet....there's some very good buys out there, find the one that makes you turn around and look at her when you walk away and you'll have the right one...

Pics of course are mantatory when you make your selection LOL

Be Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
359 Posts
In looking at XCT bikes from 2012-2016 is there any changes or pretty much the same? I see quite few for sale with 25k miles on them, I assume that is nothing on these bikes but wanted to check. We do about 5,000 miles a year.

anything to look out for on these?

thank you
From my experience they would have to be savagely abused to have major problems by 25000 miles. I bought a HardBall shop demonstrator with 8000 KMs on it, but it had been the press release bike, so I'm sure that Oz's bike journalists had ridden it pretty hard. I've read reviews of it's drag strip performance and mountain road floor board scraping. Now at 130000 KMs the only problems have been electrical, at least partly caused by me doing a lot of riding on rough dirt roads, and the odd bit of trail riding.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I do not think there were any significant changes from '12 to '16 in the XCT. They are great bikes. My wife and I own four '12s. I seem to recall that some items that were standard equipment on the '12 might have been options in later years. This was things like cruise, heated grips/seats, & ABS. Can anyone confirm or, more likely, refute my recollection?

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Simple stuff like keeping battery cables tight. there's a circuit breaker by the battery that can go bad and give trouble. It's about $6 at Napa. Those are all I've had go wrong in 50K miles. Otherwise change oil,tires put gas in it and have fun...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do not think there were any significant changes from '12 to '16 in the XCT. They are great bikes. My wife and I own four '12s. I seem to recall that some items that were standard equipment on the '12 might have been options in later years. This was things like cruise, heated grips/seats, & ABS. Can anyone confirm or, more likely, refute my recollection?

I believe they changed the forged highway bars to tubular in 2013. So 2012 and earlier models look quite different than subsequent models to me in that regard. Some may prefer the forged bars?

Other than that I can’t think of any significant changes after 2012... I think ABS became standard in 12. Other options may have changed; i.e. my 15 has cruise but not heated grips/seat.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
ssmith221, note that my statements were about the Cross Country Tour and the original poster asks about the Cross Country Tour. Sorry to have to disagree with you about the forged/tubular bars - at least for the Cross Country Tour. My wife and I have four 2012 XCT bikes and all of them have tubular bars. I do not see how the hard lowers that came stock with the XCT could work with the forged bars. I suspect that the forged bars were only available on the Cross Country and never on the XCT. Perhaps in 2012 the highway bar type changed for the XC but, if so, that is not relevant to the questions being asked by the OP in this thread since they are considering XCT not XC bikes.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Never disregard the "T" :) The "T" is what turns a good bike into a great bike :)

·
Registered
60 Posts

Anything to look out for on these?

thank you

Only thing I didn't see was keep your Clutch Cable Lubed and Adjusted very simple maintenance to do so .. If find one with 25,000 should have another 75,000 with no worries if keep it serviced properly .. I found my present 2011 XC with 21,000 Miles and nothing but Gas Tires and Oil and replaced the Air and Fuel Filter .. That's It .. Running like a New One ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts