Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I am currently riding a 2007 HD Night Rod Special and am in the market to upgrade to a touring bike. I had my heart set on a new HD Street Glide, but, I went into a local Victory dealer and saw the new Cross Country and WOW, that is a good looking bike. I couldn't take a test ride on it just yet because the dealer hadn't set it up for test rides yet, but they will call me when it is ready for a demo ride. I like the bike, I like the features it has over the HD, I like the power it has over HD. That brings me to my one real question. How is the Victory motor? Is there any problems that I need to be aware of, or have they fixed them all? Oh, and how is the stage 1 stuff? I wouldn't be looking for a really loud set of pipes and stuff just will want a little more out of it if I get one. Thanks to all for any info.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome.

"That brings me to my one real question. How is the Victory motor? Is there any problems that I need to be aware of, or have they fixed them all?"

Not sure what you're talking about. Victory hasn't had any engine problems that needed fixing.

The only problem Victory engines had was the first two model years 1999 and 2000 and that was a tranny issue.

As of now there are no aftermarket pipes for the X bikes. Victory usually tunes their Stage 1's to a quieter sound. A little more growl than stock but still pretty quiet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just didn't know if there were ever any problems. Don't know a lot about the company since I haven't ever looked into them to much before now. I knew there wouldn't be any pipes for the cross bikes just yet. But, for the other bikes, who is out there? Maybe they will start making something for the cross bikes. Good to know about the engines and trannys though. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome

Hello to all, I am currently riding a 2007 HD Night Rod Special and am in the market to upgrade to a touring bike. I had my heart set on a new HD Street Glide, but, I went into a local Victory dealer and saw the new Cross Country and WOW, that is a good looking bike. I couldn't take a test ride on it just yet because the dealer hadn't set it up for test rides yet, but they will call me when it is ready for a demo ride. I like the bike, I like the features it has over the HD, I like the power it has over HD. That brings me to my one real question. How is the Victory motor? Is there any problems that I need to be aware of, or have they fixed them all? Oh, and how is the stage 1 stuff? I wouldn't be looking for a really loud set of pipes and stuff just will want a little more out of it if I get one. Thanks to all for any info.
I went in to testride the Cross Country......I rode a Vision and Bought one that day.. wow Talk about comfort.....

·
Registered
257 Posts
i'd say bassani will be the first for true aftermarket pipes they make the best pipes for our bikes right now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts