Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm Matt, and I just bought a 2012 Victory Highball.

I've been riding (mostly metric) bikes for about 10 years. My previous project was a 1984 Shadow that I restored. Big fan of wrenching on bikes, but it was finally time to get something I could just ride.

I bought my Vic on Friday and have just about finished the break-in (500 miles). So far it's the finest bike I've owned, no question.

So, once I get five posts I'll put some pictures up. See y'all around.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats! Please be advised that exceeding the Usualdosage of motorcycle riding may have adverse affects such as frequent urination, infrequent urination, watery stools, difficulty during bowel movements, watery eyes, dry eyes, muscle pain, muscle numbness, abnormal hair growth, loss of hair, skin coloration, loss of skin coloration and many other possible affects.

Sorry couldn't help it...

On the plus side maybe this will get you past your initial 5 posts which will allow you to post in other sections of the forum sooner!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hah, thanks for the welcome, Ammo.

Yes, exposure has been known to cause itching, rash and anal leakage. And those are just the good side effects.

Always good to see some former military folks around here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hah, thanks for the welcome, Ammo.

Yes, exposure has been known to cause itching, rash and anal leakage. And those are just the good side effects.

Always good to see some former military folks around here.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Double post, rookie move. Now I can't figure out how to delete the damn thing.
Click "Edit" button (right under the post, bottom/right), then "Delete" button, then check the radio option for "Delete Message" and then click the "Delete This Message" button. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking that because I'm a new member I don't have the permissions to do that. I've used this type of forum before and I'm used to seeing an Edit button, but there isn't one right now. Maybe after I hit 5 posts it'll show up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Would love to see pics! I have an '09 Jackpot now and love it, but the Highball has my attention. I am worried though about the height of the apes and no windshield ( I am used to riding long trips with windshield), so would like your opinion. The "anti-chrome" is growing on me :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a link to the photo album. I have been riding it so much that I haven't taken a lot of photos yet, but once it comes back from the shop (getting add-ons done this week) I'll add some more.

http://www.victoryforums.com/album.php?albumid=205

The apes have three height settings, so you can customize it pretty well. I'm 6'4", but I like the mid setting the most. A windshield for me was also a must since I do a lot of highway riding. Victory makes an expensive lock and go one for about $700, or you can opt for the Memphis Shades one (like I did) for about $300.

The bike gets more looks and attention from people than any bike I've seen (much to the annoyance of my buddies who ride Dynas).

·
Registered
396 Posts
sweet bike.
thumb up

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for the link. Nice bike! If you get a chance, would love to see if with the windshield. Was worried it would take away from looks, as I would ride with it most of the time. Thanks again!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Was worried it would take away from looks, as I would ride with it most of the time.
I can see where without some sort of deflector, you might feel like the sail on a ship as you are rollin' down the highway :)

I think the bobber style would look odd with a shield. But I also don't like the look of bikes with apes and a fairing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome Usual, and congrats on the purchase. Very nice choice.

My name is Matt too, so let's just not get each other confused...k? ;)(sarcasm of course)

I'm new to bikes, and I see you're not. So I forewarn you, I've been asking a lot of tech noob questions.

pics are great!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Junk the noob questions are great but this thing you've got about "I'm Matt too" is a little weird (sarcasm back at you). Is there any possibility that sometime during your childhood you exceeded the Usualdosage (fun user name!) of any aderol?!? The "voice of reason" highly suggests sticking with the prescribed dosage...

·
Registered
143 Posts
but this thing you've got about "I'm Matt too" is a little weird (sarcasm back at you).
Thank GOD I'm not the only one who thinks so

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Good choice on the High Ball, I think all the Vics do turn heads. I went on a poker run with my Hammer this summer with a bunch of friends that ride Harleys and I had so many people checking out my bike and asking questions about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome!!

Congrats! and welcome to the Highball Club. It is the best bike I've owned, and I've owned a few. I know what you mean with the attention, I ride with my Harley friends and my Highball gets all the attention. How are the X-bows working, I'm looking to put on shotguns. Did you not like the 2-1? Sorry for being so nosy, forum newbie and never sure what rules I might violate so I never post.

Tony

1 - 20 of 23 Posts