Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I bought an air horn, the compressor was large. So I went and picked up a fiamm freeway blaster low tone. And of course I can't upload video from with this app. Trust me louder than stock
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Nice! Great safety feature, IMO. Most M/C horns are obsolete.

cheers

·
Registered
418 Posts
Where did you mount it? Any modifications needed to fit in the stock location?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mounted on same spot, checked the voltage had 12 volts so no relay for the single horn. I used the stock hardware and stock mount. If I were to run dual horns or air horn I would've used a relay.

I'll post a pic tomorrow

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the Freeway Blaster Low Tone horn on my Kingpin. It fits exactly where the stock horn was and is plenty loud. For a fraction of the cost of an air horn, its a no brainer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the Freeway Blaster Low Tone horn on my Kingpin. It fits exactly where the stock horn was and is plenty loud. For a fraction of the cost of an air horn, its a no brainer.
How easy/difficult was it to swap out? I have one for my '05 Vegas & have pondered doing it a few times but it looks like I may need to remove the oil cooler & line in order to get to the stock horn; this could become one of those 2 hour projects that becomes a 2 week pain in the ass! :mad:
LOL!!!
Any installation knowledge,tips or suggestions greatly appreciated!!
cheers
Thanks!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's super easy, 14mm is all you need maybe it's a 13mm. 2 bolts come out, the nuts are on a plate behind the frame. You unplug the wires to the stock horn. Take old horn off the stock bracket, which is like 3 pieces of steel stacked together. Mount new horn to that with the opening pointing down. Attach wires, might have to slightly bend tabs back a touch, replace to 2 bolts, done

·
Registered
65 Posts
I find the stock one decent, but at highway speeds and wind.... who knows...

So on a scale of one to ten, what would you rate it... stock vs this, lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's super easy, 14mm is all you need maybe it's a 13mm. 2 bolts come out, the nuts are on a plate behind the frame. You unplug the wires to the stock horn. Take old horn off the stock bracket, which is like 3 pieces of steel stacked together. Mount new horn to that with the opening pointing down. Attach wires, might have to slightly bend tabs back a touch, replace to 2 bolts, done

Thanks for the response & info; I'll study it again - was having a problem getting to the nuts on the back side of the bracket but from your detailed procedure, it sounds like they may be permanently attached to the plate - removing the cooler & line may no longer be an issue.
To be continued...
thumb up

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I find the stock one decent, but at highway speeds and wind.... who knows...

So on a scale of one to ten, what would you rate it... stock vs this, lol
If let's say you rate the stock horn an 8, I'll rate mine a 15. It's louder and gets the job done

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I was actually surprised at how loud the Victory horn is, the loudest horn I've had on a bike yet...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a slight vibration at times, i pulled the horn away from frame a little

Attachments

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I must admit that my Vision horn seems just fine to me, something I would never have said on prior bikes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts