Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had taken my hard bags off to wash my bike, & with my cop style bag guards on it looks like I can make up a basket big enough for my dog to ride in... I was toying with the idea of getting a sidecar for her, I think this will be much better... it could also double as a larger item holding device... what ya think?

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its gonna be HOT....exhaust wise !!! so you need to be carefull...i am a HUGE DOG and animal lover but i still think dogs dont belong on bikes or truck beds....i seen to many get hurt !
I think I have the heat issue figgrd out... & I agree on the no dogs in truck beds thing 150%. If I go thru with this, there will be no way that she can get out of her little area. She will be strapped , restrapped & triplestrapped. or sumpthin to that effect. So she wouldn't be any more in danger than a human rider would be...at least not as far as I can see.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think I have the heat issue figgrd out... & I agree on the no dogs in truck beds thing 150%. If I go thru with this, there will be no way that she can get out of her little area. She will be strapped , restrapped & triplestrapped. or sumpthin to that effect. So she wouldn't be any more in danger than a human rider would be...at least not as far as I can see.
WELL, i thought a HUMAN rider can be thrown away from the bike in a case of an accident...if u strap her in....SHE CAN'T !!!

i hate to say it ... not a good idea to have your best friend riding with you. they do make nice pet trailers for touring bikes which are actually somewhat safe !

PLS over think this and don't take it the wrong way !thumb upcheers

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
its gonna be HOT....exhaust wise !!! so you need to be carefull...i am a HUGE DOG and animal lover but i still think dogs dont belong on bikes or truck beds....i seen to many get hurt !
So you don't love small animals? :ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
if theyr name is RICZ and they are below 5 feet....NO !!! thumb up:D:ltr::ltr:wac
This is what happens when one lives where they are exposed to too much sun and there are no hills or curves on roads. :ltr:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WELL, i thought a HUMAN rider can be thrown away from the bike in a case of an accident...if u strap her in....SHE CAN'T !!!

i hate to say it ... not a good idea to have your best friend riding with you. they do make nice pet trailers for touring bikes which are actually somewhat safe !

PLS over think this and don't take it the wrong way !thumb upcheers
yeah, you are probably right...

nevermind...

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Why do you hate your dog?
Hey! That wasn't playing nice. We don't talk like that here. Now go stand in the corner until we tell you to come out. :nanana:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Brutha Fishslapr,
I say do what makes you and the pooch happy, they don't make Doggles for nothing!

I've got a mini pom (no gay jokes please) that used to ride on my ATV with me that really wants a ride everytime she goes in the garage and sees my XR. She sat in a softside cooler that I strapped to the front rack and tried her best to scare any other critters away. She barked at just about everything which ticked my wife off and made it even more worth it!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I don't hate dog...got a great recipe for BBQ while I was stationed in Korea! :ltr::ltr::ltr: (Just kidding. My dog Rufus is my best friend but he rides his own bike!) :ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Did that happen to be Kagogi? Not sure if you've tried it yet but go to a Korean eatery that serves Bulgogi and "accidently" call it Kagogi instead. For some reason most of them don't really care but you may luck out and get cussed out in Korean...

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Did that happen to be Kagogi? Not sure if you've tried it yet but go to a Korean eatery that serves Bulgogi and "accidently" call it Kagogi instead. For some reason most of them don't really care but you may luck out and get cussed out in Korean...
You would be correct sir! Kagogi was actually available in small village chop houses when I was there in '76. As I remember it was a poor mans protein source. Really can't remember if I ever tried it, but then again there's a lot that I don't remember from that particular year. Young, dumb...you know the rest. And by the way, I cuss pretty good Korean myself! :ltr:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sorry if it came across that I hate my dog... was thinking of how to spend more time with her. It was a bad idea. I had already seen that before your post.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm sorry if it came across that I hate my dog... was thinking of how to spend more time with her. It was a bad idea. I had already seen that before your post.
NO NO NO , i think you got that wrong.....I NEVER THOUGHT U HATE YOUR GIRL !!!!!!!

PLS don't take it that way ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb up

i realy seen a lot tho....:(

sorry

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
In the decades of touring, I have seen many a happy rider and dog combo. Couldn't tell who was the happiest. One rider attached a carpeted platform to the top of the top case and added guard rails all around it. The dog had a fantastic view and if anything bad happened, was free to bail off. Wish I had a dog, I would want him as a riding partner too. Go for it. And post pics and stories.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts