Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,154 Posts

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
The Springfield needs to be offered in Springfield Blue for crying out loud!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm at the dealer show and did the training session. It's so slick - literally leaps and bounds above H-D. The reaction time and screen sensitivity are very impressive.

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
I'm at the dealer show and did the training session. It's so slick - literally leaps and bounds above H-D. The reaction time and screen sensitivity are very impressive.
Still takes your eyes off the road longer than a button or dial. If this is what is important to you about motorcycling, go for it, but there's a reason I ride a Cross Roads and the only bike I'd replace it with is the Springfield. Don't even want tunes, just a motorcycle, me and the road. That's entertainment enough for me for 64 years of riding.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea I hear you. But the fact is that most Bagger and touring purchasers want the "screen." We have had a number of people in the dealership walk away from a purchase because of it. I'm just happy to see how much effort Polaris put into the functionality. There is literally no comparison between this system and the H-D system. We have always offered a superior product in terms of ride, handling and powertrain but lacked in the fairing technology department. Not the case anymore.

But to your point if you press the center button then the Indian logo comes up and remains on the screen specifically because of comments they received about distraction. And if you hold the button in for 2 second then the screen goes completely dark but turn by turn voice prompts still work. And they kept the non-screen setup on the Chieftain Dark Horse.

Here's a nice Springfield for you. I love it myself. So classy.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469623491.181985.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I don't need a screen either... All I need is music. You can offer turn by turn NAV without a screen. From a marketing stand point though, Indian did the right thing.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
From the info provided by jpit11, it sounds like Indian gave us the best of both worlds. For those that want nothing, you can turn the screen completely off. For those that want everything, you can illuminate the screen and watch reruns of your favorite show :) , and for those wanting something in between, you can turn the screen dark and still get turn by turn verbal directions. Sounds like a nice set of features. I only buy 2-4 year old used bikes and I don't buy first model years or the first year of a major change. Since I would consider this new screen to be a major change but a very desireable change, unfortunately my first thoughts of buying an Indian won't be for at least 3 more years and probably more like 5-6 years - wait until they work some bugs out of the new screen in the 2018 models and then wait 3-4 years. Patience, grasshopper.

G'day,

Vinish

·
13,002 Posts
jpit11

how do you know the new information screen is better then HD.
I was riding with a Harley guy that had the information screen on his road glide. I have to say it was phenomenal. With his radio off and we were in the middle of WI. The radio automatically came on and warned us of a severe storm coming. We spent a half of a day in a motel waiting out the storm. If radio didn't tell us we would of been in some farmer's barn.
So what makes you think the Indian is better then the Harley.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
jpit11, thanks for that input. I realize its all about producing a good product to garner good sales and that there are those who like things on bikes that I can get along without. From your post, it appears Indian did their homework before coming out with that screen and good on them for it.
Now about that Springfield: I thought Ma Vic did a great job making sure each part on her bikes didn't look like it came out of a hardware store, like it is on some other brand I could name. But when I took a good, hard, detailed look at the Springfield, and saw that every last bit was pure sculpture - even the clutch pivot - it made my XR look cobbled together by comparison. That Springfield is museum quality gorgeous! When I got my XR, there were things I changed and added, but the only thing I'd do to a Springfield is change the grips for larger ones, like Kury's ISO. Maybe some very rich guy driving and playing Pokemon Go will run over my parked XR and not want it reported to his insurance and will offer to replace my totalled bike. Springfield here I come!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Visionjohnny its because I have a HD also. The operation and user interface is much more intuitive on the new Indian system. We went through a training session at the dealer show yesterday

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
Man, that's a ton of distractions--too much for this Luddite. The only choice I have to make is do I want the windshield on or off today?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
It's definitely a distraction. I would be turning it to black once I got my music running, or GPS. I don't often use GPS but when trying to hit certain cool roads in un chartered territory it's super handy.

·
Premium Member
13,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man, that's a ton of distractions--too much for this Luddite. The only choice I have to make is do I want the windshield on or off today?
That's what I like about my KP. :)

It's definitely a distraction. I would be turning it to black once I got my music running, or GPS. I don't often use GPS but when trying to hit certain cool roads in un chartered territory it's super handy.
That's pretty much how I would use it too. Lately I haven't even been turning on the radio on the XC. Just diggin' the ride without the tunes.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Will this do?
It's not bad, but I would more prefer a solid blue with no 2nd color panels. I'm biased, tho... :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts