Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the Indian FB page, a new model will come out March 3rd. Guessing at Daytona??? Old model with new bells and whistles??? Perhaps the "Springfield" that will be the model everyone was hoping for when the Scout came out (with the Thunderstroke 111). In-line 4?????

Getting interesting !!!

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Think I'm more excited about this than another Victory cruiser model :-(

·
Premium Member
13,154 Posts
I kinda doubt we will see anything really different from Indian this soon. More of a parts bin rearrangement and color change than anything else. HD and Victory has done it for years. The Boardwalk, Judge, and Gunner had more changes like with the side covers, tank, and fenders. I still like the BW. Too bad it didn't sell better. They should have stuck with the inverted forks and called it a Kingpin. The Judge and Gunner are cool too. Just not exactly what I personally would look for. If I were younger though; yes.

·
Registered
566 Posts
My crystal ball says the Springfield will be a classic with hard bags aimed to compete with the road king. That's the one major thing missing from the Indian line up, imo. I don't see what else it could possibly be if it's based on the 111ci twin.

And a road king killer is kind of exciting, to me anyway. :nerd

·
Registered
71 Posts
My crystal ball says the Springfield will be a classic with hard bags aimed to compete with the road king. That's the one major thing missing from the Indian line up, imo. I don't see what else it could possibly be if it's based on the 111ci twin.

If so, that may well go on my future wish list.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When they came out with the Scout, I was hoping for less bagger style with the Thunder Stroke. The pictures of the older Springfields are almost a cross between the Fat Boy and the Kingpin with no bags. If this is similar, I would like it better than the old style Scout. I too, am more excited about what this could be than the Octane...

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
What if it had the 'improved' Scout motor thats gonna power the Octane?
I wouldnt like to see an inline four though, those Rocket3 motors in the Triumphs look like a tractor engine.
A motorsickle must have a good looking motor.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want this bike with the Thunderstroke 111........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
779 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I want this bike with the Thunderstroke 111........
Is that what the old/original Springer looked like? I like it! The 111ci motor in a lighter bike would be a real riot to ride i think.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is that what the old/original Springer looked like? I like it! The 111ci motor in a lighter bike would be a real riot to ride i think.
Yup. 2003 Indian Springfield....

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1st Pic...

Well, I was hoping for less valence on the fenders at least. It appears to be a Classic with hard bags and gold Indian Chief on tank. Appears to have a few other small tweeks, like the rake on the forks...

I was really hoping for stripped down and lighter. If this is it, looks like I keep the Kingpin.....

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
So wait... Is this official?
Where are you getting this from?
Whoa...maybe my crystal ball was right... :eek

·
Registered
314 Posts
Is that fella in the background the same guy who was in the Octane engineering videos? He's been busy if it is. I love all the Indians, I'd have a Cheiftan if it was around $17-$18K. Oh well, I can dream.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts

That would be AWESOME! That would also make me want one real bad. :devil

1 - 20 of 83 Posts