Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new leftover 2014! I removed the metal portion of the license plate bracket and I ordered some smaller red blinker lights.

What's the deal with the auto cancel module? The blinkers are dual filament bulbs. I was going to wire them with the dim filament as a brake light and bright filament as turn signal. I was planning on just splicing into the brake light wire and using the normal blinker light wires, but now I'm a little freaked out about burning out the ACM! I haven't had a chance to mess with the bike much, is the taillight incandescent with an LED looking lens? Are the turn signals normal two wire? I have a multimeter to check the wires but is there a diagram to make things easier?

On the front I want to stick with incandescent too, but not finding a lot of fork mounted options, its 43mm right?

I'm throwing on some flat track bars but eventually putting on 12" black apes, extending and running the wires internally, and buying extended chrome cables and lines. I want to run low risers can I use Harley ones? I can fab stuff, so what would I need to do to make them work if they are not a direct fit?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Cool Bob man. All I can tell ya is that anything that's looks decent and has a good rep for our bikes isn't cheap. I guess that's the downside to having a "minority" bike. I'm anxious to see what you do though brother, I'm always looking for ideas myself.

·
12,970 Posts
never trust the wiring use that meter a lot
look at witchdoctor or conquest

·
Registered
742 Posts
Cool previous rides! Look forward to what you end up doing to your JP. As for wiring diagram info, get hold of a service manual for your bike. Re. options for incandescent lights, there are several good outfits. In addition to Witch Doctors and Conquest Customs, there is Victory Only and Noemtz Designz. Just make sure the incandescent bulbs are 10 volt as opposed to 20.cheers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sad thing about the vstar is I got run off the road by some guy high on oxycontin and it was totalles but I was OK luckily. In the pics you might notice the seat didn't have springs under it yet, still was a work in progress. I've only got about 10 miles on the bike, snow is gone but roads are still salt covered and its pretty cold. I've always wanted a jackpot, was stoked to get one! I do love the looks of Harleys but never pulled the trigger on one, but might buy a rocker some day, I love the fold out seat and think you could do some cool things with that bike! Long term goals are custom paint, maybe 23" front possibly raked out, new rear fender (Basically chopped shorter and more round following the contour of the tire). I always thought a grey and black urban camo paint job would be cool. Apes and blinkers will be first order of business though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my turn signals on. Just some cheap eBay ones for now, they don't look very waterproof so I'll likely use a little clear silicone around the edges of the lens. I didn't mess with wiring up the brake light to them, I didn't want to combine the led with them and short something out. For those interested the black wires are grounds and blue wires are hot on the rear turn signals. I put on 12" apes on the risers just to see how I liked them. Looks like I'll definitely need longer cables and brake line. The wiring will be really close. I'll probably hold off a bit and save some cash for the cables. It looks like I can order a custom brake line for about $30 online. The apes are J&P cheap ones. I'm going black with the bars and chrome cables and using low mount chrome risers.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For the time being I picked up a set of $50 springer bars from J&P and discovered the knurling on the springer is basically the same as ours. I also ordered some 6" eBay risers I'll repost when they get here. I also found a cheap tool bag I mounted to the swingarm but not sure how I like the looks of it yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you like the idea of a swing arm mounted bag check out this offering from Dead Creek Cycles: http://www.deadcreekcycles.com/Reaper-Bag-Bobber-Bracket-Package-for-Victory-Hammer-and-Jackpot-Models-save-20_p_1671.htmlcheers
That's a nice looking bag. But for me, $200 is way too much to spend to sling mud all over it. I bought a cheap ($20) tool bag from cycle gear and mounted it on my swing arm, much like this one. If it gets damaged, it was $20, not $200. It holds a couple of pair of glasses and a bungee cargo net.

OK, I'm not frugal, I'm down right cheap.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haven't gotten a chance to ride, we just got a couple inches of snow. I've always been a fan of apes so I like my bars fairly high. It feels good sitting on it but only time will tell once I get some miles in.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
upnorthbacon - cool what you are changing mate.... keep us posted

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here's my JP with 12" bars. Got the bars and risers from Roland Sands. They are HD springer bars but the knurling lines up good and the risers are only 1" I believe. Only thing i had to extend was the brake cable, all the other wires and throttle cable were long enough.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Swapped out my 12" apes. Bought universal brake line from J&P and 10mm fittings and works great for $62 shipped. I need a longer clutch cable, for the time being I routed it behind the trees. Does anyone know how much longer the highball clutch cable is compared to the jackpot? I want 6" in case I decide to go higher yet. Throttle cables and electrical cables were long enough.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts