Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all and greetings from the Peoples Republic of California. After about two years of drooling I finally got a pay bump that allowed me to Buy an 09 Kingpin Low, with 946 miles. I am in love and have named her Victory Girl, after a WW2 B-29. I also have put 1,600 miles on her in the past three weeks.

She came with a Bassani 2 into1, and after stalking the boards for the past few weeks I think I am going to keep it even though I like the look of a 2 into 2 slash pipe much better.

I do have a few questions,

1. I plan on going with the S&S intake soon. Given my exhaust what would be the best map to ask for when I buy it.

2. Mostly when backing off the gas and down shifting I get pops and occasionally a backfire, from using the search feature I know that means she is running lean. Is this something that is going to drastically shorten engine life or can I wait till I get the S&S intake to remap it?

3. On an E-5 salary I have an apartment with a parking spot. How often should I wash her, and is there anything to consider as she is kept outside, besides a cover?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Congrats on new bike.

SanDeigo? Anyway enjoy the new bike. Sounds very nice. Check this site out for questions,lots of info on here. Watch the clutch adjustment and lube the cable. I would change the engine oil soon if you have not already. It's an 09 and if it is original oil I would change it out soon,cheap insurance. Be sure and run a good motorcycle oil,not car oil. Lived in California 5 years, lots to see,just watch out for the crazy cagers(people in cars). Be safe and I am sure it will give you many miles and smiles!thumb up

·
Premium Member
12,987 Posts
I know it sounds a bit expensive at $600 but I would go ahead and get the Power Commander 5 w/Auto Tune. In the long run it will be the best money spent for tuning. When you sell it you can either have the stage1 flash done or leave the PC V and keep the AT for the next bike.

I'm taking one of my Pin's over to San Diego soon to ride with some friends and leave it there so if I need to drive for some reason; I'll have something to ride while I'm there. It's more of a utility bike. The pretty one is staying with me so I can make it prettier. :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Another new guy here! Got my 2011 Kingpin today. I just noticed there are no foot pegs for a rider. Is there a fix for this? My wife is ticked!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Another new guy here! Got my 2011 Kingpin today. I just noticed there are no foot pegs for a rider. Is there a fix for this? My wife is ticked!
Should have gotten an 08 Kinpin Tour complete with floorboards for the passenger! Check out options at your local dealer. Then again, maybe they forgot to install them at the factory. If you bought it used, someone was interestedn in styling and removed them.

·
Premium Member
12,987 Posts
Is it the 8 Ball Kingpin? I think those did not come with a back seat or rear pegs. That is an addition. The style of the bike and the price was designed for a single rider but it can be retrofitted with seat and pegs. Talk with a dealer or contact Kate at Toledo Honda and Victory. She gives us a decent discount.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Hey all and greetings from the Peoples Republic of California. After about two years of drooling I finally got a pay bump that allowed me to Buy an 09 Kingpin Low, with 946 miles. I am in love and have named her Victory Girl, after a WW2 B-29. I also have put 1,600 miles on her in the past three weeks.
Congrats on your Victory Girl, and welcome to the forum. cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the welcome, bob if you drop me a pm about when your heading into san diego id be down to meet up amd talk bikes. I think i may go with the pc5 as id like to do cams in the future. Thankyou all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts