Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Yesterday I went to look at an '05 Kingpin and walked out having signed the papers on the spot. This is my third bike and first Victory. Been looking at them for a while now but hadn't found one that caught my eye and was in my price range before.

Here's a pic of the bike:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cf181pxdo29kgy/vp4213350_1_large.jpg?dl=0

I do have an issue, though. My wife hates loud exhausts, and this one is LOUD. I need to make it quieter. You don't need to sell me on the loud pipes argument. Bottom line is if she doesn't like the sound of it, she rides less. If she rides less, I ride less. Obviously I want to ride more, so I need her to be happy.

What suggestions do you have that won't break the bank? Can I baffle these, or would I be better off buying a different set?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Nice looking bike ! You could sell those pipes on the forum in about 3 seconds , and purchase a more hearing friendly set . You currently have the RPW Slash , very popular but loud , I had them on my Hammer and loved them . Good luck and welcome to the forum !cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I think they're really sharp looking, so my preference would be to keep them if possible. All I've found so far are straight baffles or generic baffle packing material, though. Does that stuff actually work? And if I did want to sell these, what do you think they'd be worth?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi all,

Yesterday I went to look at an '05 Kingpin and walked out having signed the papers on the spot. This is my third bike and first Victory. Been looking at them for a while now but hadn't found one that caught my eye and was in my price range before.

Here's a pic of the bike:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cf181pxdo29kgy/vp4213350_1_large.jpg?dl=0

I do have an issue, though. My wife hates loud exhausts, and this one is LOUD. I need to make it quieter. You don't need to sell me on the loud pipes argument. Bottom line is if she doesn't like the sound of it, she rides less. If she rides less, I ride less. Obviously I want to ride more, so I need her to be happy.

What suggestions do you have that won't break the bank? Can I baffle these, or would I be better off buying a different set?

Thanks in advance!
I have a complete stock exhaust from my 04 pin. If it would work for you pay shipping and it's yours.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Take a look around for some options to the existing baffles. Lots of them around and maybe others here have some suggestions for you. Certainly cheaper and worth a try if you like the looks of the dual swept.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a complete stock exhaust from my 04 pin. If it would work for you pay shipping and it's yours.
Thanks! I really appreciate the offer and may very well take you up on it. Give me a couple of days to check out all my options and I'll get back to you.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Hi Gruebacca, if the misses hates loud, then go for the stock exhaust like blueracer offers, when my bike new i installed the Torque Tube \ timing wheel \ PC-5 before the exhaust and still had the stock exhaust and the sound was a bit "beefeater", i would imagine if you drill a few holes into the stock exhaust muffler then it would be fine ?? Some posts on this forum about this process, maybe read about that too ?

I got the RPW slash and i ride with earplugs, and alarms go off if passing cars .... Just saying mate

PS cool bike mate, very nice

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
When I had my 05 Kingpin I put those same RPW pipes on it. They were too loud. I bought Big City Thunder Monster baffles for radius pipes and they were still pretty loud. I rode it for a year like that, but didn't like the noise and when I would get on it from a stop, they kicked up a lot of dust. I then bought a set of RPW Thor 2-1 pipes off eBay. It sounded awesome. Not as loud as the Slash pipe, and one of the best sounding pipes I've heard on a Victory.Plus, the 2-1 made good low end torque. I wish I could get that same sound on my XR.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I just remembered that I heard RPW was working on a quieter baffle themselves. Not sure of the source but give them a call and ask them directly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts