Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2007 Victory Kingpin with 17k miles on it. It's arriving on Thursday, can't wait to hop on the beast. I come from having ridden Honda Shadows, moved to Harleys, and quickly got tired of the nosedive braking, vibrations (though the massage was free), and handling. I can't wait to see what corners I can throw this thing into and how she rides on the highway.

Thanks to all those that contribute to the site, wouldn't be the same without you all, and frankly having read through a bunch of posts helped me make the decision to get this bike.

BTW, if anyone has a seat for sale for the Kingpin, I need something for 2 up riding. The bike was sold to me with the Mustang solo seat with driver's backrest. Mind you, I'm pretty sure I can't PM or post in the for sale section, so if you know of anyone, please have them PM me with their contact info included, I really appreciate it. Thanks all. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Welcome animal, super cool a KingPin, so after 2 posts then you can attach a picture of your bike on Thursday....
Ride safe ...

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
426 Posts
Congrats on picking up a Kingpin. Seriously sexy bikes they are!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcomes. You're absolutely right, DAMN sexy fenders, tank, and a sweet ass engine. Can't wait to take it for a ride. Gave up on the seat, couldn't wait so I ordered a butty buddy for the woman to sit on. Now I'm off to find a backrest. Woohoo! It's gonna be here tomorrow!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks kingpin1972. How much you looking for for just the seat. Backrest I ordered through Amazon, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's decent. Im in 07204 zip code if that helps figuring out shipping costs. Seems like shipping is an absolute killer nowadays.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here she is with the Drag Specialties Dual seat and the Calvary sissybar and luggage rack. That sissy bar left such a WIDE gap that I ended up buying a used mustang touring pillion for a harley softail, drilled a couple of holes in it, inserted threaded inserts (with copious amounts of jbweld) and screwed that in place with the bracket that came with it. You can imagine...

Also added some USA flame decals, figured it would be a nice touch. The gf stopped me from going overboard with it, which I was about to do, but I think it works nice just the way it is. So far about 900 miles on it, and working out the last kink. The lean to the left I noted in the forum. Hopefully the weather is cool enough to check belt tension and wheel alignment this Tuesday.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
good choice

other than my hammer kingpins are best!! actually a better handling bike with more normal size tyres, the fenders grew on me + with the same inverted fork you got a great ride + IMO the earlier model Vic's look the best!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Happen to love the fenders on this bike, I think it adds great styling especially with the scalloped tank. I know what you mean about the tires. Moving from a Harley Dyna Wide Glide, its nice to have traction. Helped a lot that the previous owner bought the corbin fleetliner bags, I think that filled in the bike nicely and the fact that it matched the paint scheme really makes everything pop, its just too bad the bags are deceptive (capacity isn't nearly what you'd imagine thanks to the curvature). I love the metal flake in the paint too. Ride safe, and enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts