Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up new left over 2011 kingpin two weeks ago. What a ride taking it in for it's 500mile service tuesday. What all does this service included and what does it cost?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the KP!

As far as 500 mile service goes they change the oil and filter, go over anything that can come loose and check belt/cable adjustments. The cost depends on your shops labor rate (times 2 hours) plus the cost of oil. Victory uses a synthetic blend and it isn't cheap so you'll probably be at $75 minimun for oil alone.

·
Premium Member
12,986 Posts
Yeah. Figure around $275. It's different at each dealership. I tried to get mine included in the deal but they said no so I just did it myself for a fraction of the cost. Kinda depends on how much of a mechanic you are. Document it if you do it yourself to keep the warranty intact.

Pin's are a great bike. Light and fun.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Shoot, the lead mechanic at the dealership told me "you're probably just going to do the services yourself, right ? It'll save you a ton of money". Grab a oil change kit, and save 200 dollars. Oh, and congrats on the new bike !

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on an awesome bike!

I'd recommend you let them do the 500 mi service and if you're mechanically inclined, do the rest of the maintenance yourself from then on. I bought a motorcycle lift for $100 from Harbor freight, belt tension gauge for $23 and spanner wrench for $7 from Amazon. You'll be needing to adjust your belt and/or suspension and the tools will pay for themselves with the first use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
save yourself the cash and do it yourself. part of the fun of owning a motorcycle is the wrench time. blood sweat and gears baby!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts