Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member here but I have been reading the forum for awhile. I want to thank everyone for all of the great information about the Cross Country. I just wanted to let everyone who is thinking of upgrading the speakers in the Cross Country, Best Buy had the Kicker PS 5250 speakers at a closeout price of $21.00 dollars last week. They are usually $89.00. I inquired at the Victory dealer about the upgrade, which includes the same Kicker speakers and an amp and they wanted $799.00. Now i just need an amp and I am set for next year.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Set for next year? There's still plenty of riding time left this year! You can ride through the winter if you pick and choose the days. I put over 3000 miles on between last Nov and last last Apr and only got caught in the snow a cuple of times.

Welcome and have fun!

·
Premium Member
13,303 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the speakers. That's a great deal.

Ammo you might be able to ride in Utah but up around Chi-town they lay salt down at the first freeze practically so unless you want your bike to get all salted and rusted; it's best to just let it set and do some mods if it's warm enough out in the garage from time to time until it warms up again.

If I lived in the Great White North; I think I'd need a snowmobile to get my motorsports fix during the Winter. :D

Welcome and congrats on your new ride. Hope you love it as much as I do!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not done riding this year, just waiting for next year to get some more upgrades (and some cash). I will ride until the first snow. I'm also looking at a new windshield, lowers, a better headlight and cams. This is my third Victory. The first was a 2003 Vegas which I traded in on a 2010 Le. I went for an oil change in May and came home with the 2011 Cross Country. Thought the wife was gonna kill me. She now loves the comfort and actually asks to go riding, something she would have never done on the LE.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Congrats on the XC! Where did you pick it up from?

Greeting from a Northside Sox fan transplanted from the Sout side!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought 2 of them from Randy's Cycle Center in Marengo and the first from a dealer no longer in business. It is not easy going to Randy's from downtown Chicago but it gives me more saddle time. Plus, Randy's is the best.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A few helpful pointers,

• Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

• The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

• If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature, please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.
Please add the year and model of your bike to your signature, so we know how to help when you ask a question!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm in d-town often enough and will keep my eyes peeled. Let me know if you want to head out for a ride sometime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts