Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Yall , I am currently a metric rider and own a 09' M109R Suzuki Boulevard. I have owned her since Oct. 2010. I have made her mine with the mod's that I have done and very proud of the finished work. I had recently taken a 3400 mile trip to S.D. and back from Texas and had a great time and ride. I want to make the Vision my next bike since its more of a touring bike and the 109 a muscle cruiser. She ran great and was trouble free but I need some more creature comforts for the long haul and I dig the Vision's dare to be different style, Which is my style too and that's why I ride the 9 and not something else. It has taken awhile but the Vision has grown on me and would love to own one now. I hate to part with the 9 but now I need to get my other half on the back of the Vision and ride. Any tips and do's and dont's as far as options and mods would be most appreciated. I live in central Texas and own a small farm and raise cattle and also work full time as a Deputy Sheriff. Thanks Craig....

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Welcome to the forums and glad to see another rider appreciate the VV! Lol. Got over 10k on my 11 since last October and lovin every mile. There is quite a few Vvriders here to answer questions but. Give a direction your curious about and I'm sure we can get you more than enough info. Here's a couple pointers. If you buy used with the Vic cb installed that's about 1k and the Icom/cb software is great. Wind management with lowers and flip shield has great advantages as well as opinions. A flip for 2up is a benefit. White is the faster color! Lol

Get on cycle trader and see what's out there.

Tim (from Lubbock btw)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi Yall , I am currently a metric rider and own a 09' M109R Suzuki Boulevard. I have owned her since Oct. 2010. I have made her mine with the mod's that I have done and very proud of the finished work. I had recently taken a 3400 mile trip to S.D. and back from Texas and had a great time and ride. I want to make the Vision my next bike since its more of a touring bike and the 109 a muscle cruiser. She ran great and was trouble free but I need some more creature comforts for the long haul and I dig the Vision's dare to be different style, Which is my style too and that's why I ride the 9 and not something else. It has taken awhile but the Vision has grown on me and would love to own one now. I hate to part with the 9 but now I need to get my other half on the back of the Vision and ride. Any tips and do's and dont's as far as options and mods would be most appreciated. I live in central Texas and own a small farm and raise cattle and also work full time as a Deputy Sheriff. Thanks Craig....

As much as I hate to part with it... I have a 2011 Vision for sale. I just bought an Indian Chief and I cannot ride them both...LOL. Let me know if you might be interested... it has 13500 miles on it... has all the factory options as well as D&D slip-ons... I am asking $16880 and I have title in hand. Skip

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I just bought an Indian Chief
WHAT? LoL. Well congrats Skip, I'm sure that's going tobe an enjoyable ride and you still maintain something rather unique. Good luck on the Chief thumb up

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New bike in the stable

Well Im a proud owner of a 2011 pearl white Vision. Purchased her yesterday in Weatherford Texas at Freedom Motorsorts. She has 14K on the odometer and is in fantastic condition. I am having a performance exhaust and fuel management and air intake system installed before she comes home. She has alot of the factory options and I dont anticipate I will be doing much to her. I will be getting the Corbin seat and smuggler set up for when I am going on trips 1 up. Let the adventure begin, I am pretty jazed about getting her and cant wait to take some rides....

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hmmmm,something looks familiar..... Lol. Congrats on the new ride! You do know white is the fastest color of the Visions. Hehehehee. What pipes did you go with? I'm thinking about asking Santa for Ness Honkers beings I'm pressing the budget window for this year. Lol

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm,something looks familiar..... Lol. Congrats on the new ride! You do know white is the fastest color of the Visions. Hehehehee. What pipes did you go with? I'm thinking about asking Santa for Ness Honkers beings I'm pressing the budget window for this year. Lol
Yep, going with the Ness Honkers, fuel tuner and perf. intake set up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on an 08 Vision two weeks ago. Was leaning pretty heavy towards a Wing because of it's reputation as a comfortable 2-Up touring bike. The issue I had was the location of foot controls and seat height. I'm a bit vertically challenged and was on my toes balancing a 900lb bike without gear and second rider. I sat on a couple of Wings that previous owners added floorboards and that was a huge safety issue for me. You have to flip the boards up to put your feet down unless you're very long legged.
The Vision seat height and cruiser style forward foot controls sold it for me. Now I just have to figure out some of the wind buffeting my wife feels and we're good to go.

Good luck with your decision!

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just pulled the trigger on an 08 Vision two weeks ago. Was leaning pretty heavy towards a Wing because of it's reputation as a comfortable 2-Up touring bike. The issue I had was the location of foot controls and seat height. I'm a bit vertically challenged and was on my toes balancing a 900lb bike without gear and second rider. I sat on a couple of Wings that previous owners added floorboards and that was a huge safety issue for me. You have to flip the boards up to put your feet down unless you're very long legged.
The Vision seat height and cruiser style forward foot controls sold it for me. Now I just have to figure out some of the wind buffeting my wife feels and we're good to go.

Good luck with your decision!
Yes I was looking at the used Wings market and also did not like the peg set up or position. I have been reading about the buffeting issue and I think its a windshield height matter. I am looking at different shields but have not decided which is best out there and have the look. I do like the 7JuRock and dont know if what size would be the best. I am 6' and dig the electric adjustment. Take care Craig..

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I have about 2K after installing my 15" 7Jurock shield and all I can say is wow! Great folks to deal with and the sheild is everything I had hoped. I am 5'9" so a little lower in the saddle, I ride with it full down almost everywhere and run it up during rain or debris, etc. Wind buffeting (what little the VV has) is non existent. While 2up I did have to run it up about 1/2 for my passenger to feel good back there and sometimes I just leave it all the way for her comfort. Wind envelope is amazing and while I know there are some PROVEN shields out there for our Visions that do well, 7Jurock is also one of them. Since your stock shield is 17.5" you should solid at your height. There are some pics of mine in here somewhere along with a review if you want to check it out.

Safe ridin

Tim

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have about 2K after installing my 15" 7Jurock shield and all I can say is wow! Great folks to deal with and the sheild is everything I had hoped. I am 5'9" so a little lower in the saddle, I ride with it full down almost everywhere and run it up during rain or debris, etc. Wind buffeting (what little the VV has) is non existent. While 2up I did have to run it up about 1/2 for my passenger to feel good back there and sometimes I just leave it all the way for her comfort. Wind envelope is amazing and while I know there are some PROVEN shields out there for our Visions that do well, 7Jurock is also one of them. Since your stock shield is 17.5" you should solid at your height. There are some pics of mine in here somewhere along with a review if you want to check it out.

Safe ridin

Tim
Thanks Tim, I did check out your thread you had and the pic's and it looks badass. so at 15" you can lower it all the way down and its out of sight? I would dig that and then be able to raise it up to deflect some wind blast. And its lightly tinted too? So if a 16" or 17" all the way down it would stick up a inch or two right? Im sold if that's the case...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Yup, with the flip it would be pretty close to what you got (minus a 1/2 inch) but on my 15" and keep in mind Im 5'9" so if you can picture 1.5 car lengths back I would be looking at the bottom of their rear tires just over the top of the shield at full down. My passengers are around same height as me so pushing it up to 1/2 up it does great for them. All the way creates the envelope nicely. I have noticed if I am behind a SUV the turbulence coming off reacts weird with the shield and it does increase the buffeting but this might be any flip. The shield does well enough for me that I am actually going to purchase a 13 or 12" DARK tint when the time comes to drop my trunk off and get that sportier look. The web site only gives you light grey, if you call they will tint as dark as you like or give you some recommendations since your using a 17". I can tell you I have rode up to 105 steady with it full down and it's unbelieveable! I think if you call, they will be able to guide you wether a 15" or 16" would do it for you, I hate to recommend a height because everyones differnt. Anyway you look at it, the Mrs is going to be happy!!!! Mention your prior military, heard they like supporting the troops when they can. Looking forward to the pics!!!!

Safe ridin
Tim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts