Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have on here reading for awhile now. I am new owner of a 2006 Vegas. This the first bike I have been on in 25 years. I took the Riders Safety Course and would recommend it anyone that wants to ride. I was really looking hard at the Harleys, but once I sat on a Victory it made the choice pretty simple. I like the fact that you don't feel the wieght of the bike and the way it handles going down the road. Good stuff on and I will continue to read and learn ...cheers

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum.thumb up

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum.thumb up
Thanks. I noticed you have the unlocked speedo. Can you do that to any of them, or is it just for the newer ones?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Thanks. I noticed you have the unlocked speedo. Can you do that to any of them, or is it just for the newer ones?
I'm sorry, I don't think I can answer that accurately. I think your speedo is different than mine but I can't be sure. There are several on here that can answer that question for you...maybe one will chime in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sorry, I don't think I can answer that accurately. I think your speedo is different than mine but I can't be sure. There are several on here that can answer that question for you...maybe one will chime in.

Ok. Thanks for the reply. I was just curious. I haven't really checked into. I noticed it in the Victory book. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Ok. Thanks for the reply. I was just curious. I haven't really checked into. I noticed it in the Victory book. Thanks.
If your owner's manual has the unlocked speedo options for your bike, then I'd bet it's available to you as well. The unlock is about $50 which does not include the air temp sensor. I paid about $100 for the air temp sensor and the speedo unlock and it was worth it considering $100 don't get you much these days.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
... the unlocked speedo. Can you do that to any of them, or is it just for the newer ones?
That's only for the 2011 and newer Victory models (except XC and Vision). You have nothing to unlock on a 2006 Vic. It's also open loop, so it was not castrated to meet lower emissions like all the 2008 and newer are. Congrats, welcome to the forum, and enjoy many happy miles on that good looking Vegas! cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's only for the 2011 and newer Victory models (except XC and Vision). You have nothing to unlock on a 2006 Vic. It's also open loop, so it was not castrated to meet lower emissions like all the 2008 and newer are. Congrats, welcome to the forum, and enjoy many happy miles on that good looking Vegas! cheers
Thanks for the info. It looks like it would a well spent $50. I was interested in the tach feature. It looks like I will just buy the tach they have for it. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts