Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

I am sitting here looking at the snowstorm happening outside here in Kamloops, British Columbia. Later this morning my local Victory dealership will be picking up my 2012 Honda Shadow Aero and deliver my new 2013 Boardwalk. I won't be able to ride it for another three months or so but I still wanted it in my garage.

I hadn't ridden in over 20 years when I purchased the 750 Shadow but after putting 12,000 kilometers between April and early November, it was obvious to me that I enjoy it and that I needed something less buzzy on the highway (the BC interior is all highway).

Originally I was going to purchase a Softail Deluxe (beautiful looking bike) but I wasn't interested in the "Harley's the best and everything else is garbage" attitude that most HD owners seem to have. I just want to ride and I think that the Boardwalk offers everything that I need and expect from my bike to enjoy that ride.

I think that I chose well but only time will tell for sure.

Christian

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome , and Vic's are second to none . Enjoy ! cheers

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
hey Christian ... welcome to the "Vic" family. I am a former Kamloopsian. Lived there from 1976-1981 and again from 1992-2002. Rode all during those years in the area. Maybe even move back there some day.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Congrats on your new Boardwalk and welcome to the forum! cheers
... I won't be able to ride it for another three months or so but I still wanted it in my garage....
3 months is a very long time - you could practice sitting on the bike. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New Victory owner from Kamloops

Hey that's pretty cool, a former fellow Kamloopsian! I moved here from Ottawa and really like the Interior. Most of my rides are to Kelowna, Salmon Arm or the coast so I look forward to trying out my Boardwalk.

3 months is a very long time but I've ordered some accessories which I'll install myself to help past the time.

By the way is there anything preventing me from using throw over leather saddle bags? I can't see myself needing the extra storage enough to justify the cost of the Victory handbags.

Once again, its nice to have a site dedicated to my bike.

Christian

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hey that's pretty cool, a former fellow Kamloopsian! I moved here from Ottawa and really like the Interior. Most of my rides are to Kelowna, Salmon Arm or the coast so I look forward to trying out my Boardwalk.
Sounds like you're fairly new to the area. There are a lot of great rides around there. Wife and I come up that way at least once or twice every summer just for a weekend ride. We generally come up via Whistler-Pemberton-Lillooet (Duffy Lake Road), stay overnight in Kamloops and then take the old Merritt hwy to Merritt, then to Logan Lake - Ashcroft, then down the canyon to Hope and then hwy 7 back to Burnaby. Alternate to that is from Merritt down to Princeton and back over the Hope-Princeton pass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts