Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!!

The user name is Big Tex, but I actually live in Brisbane, Australia. Just happen to love visiting the friendly Lone Star State when I get the chance so that's the reason for the name.

Anyway, have owned 12 bikes, the last being a Triumph Rocket, but now VICTORY is calling out to me and I'm thinking of buying the 2013 JACKPOT - the orange madness with all that amazing chrome. In Australia they are asking for 25K for the 2013 model and 24K for the 2014 update. Mind you the 2013 version comes with an extended 5 year warranty, plus roadside assistance, and $1000 voucher to spend on accessories. The 2014 doesn't come with any extras at all, so I'm leaning toward the orange madness which looks so much better IMHO.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know which VICTORY ends-up in my garage with photos to follow!! wac

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome aboard , you cant go wrong either way!cheers

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
welcome Tex

Im just down the road from you mate, at the Goldie.
Ive been into Victory's Wickham St showroom twice now, once to get a checkup and find out if my Vegas had been 'flashed' for the pipes and intake, and again to buy some Victory oil and a couple of exhaust gaskets ( bought a set of HardKROME American straight pipes as I was worries about my leafblowers not being legal with all the crap going on up here at the moment, tho I prefer the look of the leafblowers)
The staff at Victory are good, I met the young mechanic who really knows his Vic's, he plugged my beast into the computer and it told him anything significant in its history, verified that it had been flashed tho not by a Victory dealer, checked my drive belt adjustment, put air in the tyres, cleaned and lubed the cable ends, only cost me $57 so I bought an oil filter and Victory t-shirt off Ron in the spare parts section .Got to sit on all the bikes there and compare seating position and feel, checked out the new Indians upstairs, drank a few cappucinos Ron made me, and had a good chat to the rest of the staff there and a good look around.
Think I'd lean towards the 2013 it looks good and with the extras good value...what did they quote you for pipes, filter and re-flash?
Chris aka Motorbikerx

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
pix up

I just put up some pix of my bike also the Brissy showroom and what could be your new bike if Im not wrong.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome!!

I haven't got any quotes at this stage. The VICTORY dealership has been closed for a number of days, but is re-opening on Saturday 28. I hope the weather is okay for a quick test ride before handing over a deposit. Thanks Chris for the pix of the Brisbane showroom and telling me about the excellent service they gave to you. thumb up

·
Registered
49 Posts
Lone Star State saying welcome

Welcome aboard, I like the orange as well its a good looking color. I have an 07 jackpot pearl white that I've owned for almost 2 months and love it, turns a lot of heads. Look at it this way what's more important, 5 yr warranty plus 1000 in upgrades or just spending more for the newest model?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Took the orange beast for a test ride today and bought it - super sweet machine!! thumb up thumb up

Now because I bought the 2013 JACKPOT, I got ALL the extras which I would NOT have got if I purchased the 2014 model.

Extras included:

5 year warranty.
5 year roadside assist.
$1000 to spend on VICTORY goodies.
4 coffee mugs.

This is just a photo from the web, but my actual bike will be ready in about a week, so then I'll take pix of it in my garage:

23456.jpg

The dealer suggested TRI-PRO 2 into 1 pipes. Now I don't want anything too loud, but extra cornering clearance would be an advantage. Also, do the TRI-PRO pipes increase the power delivery in anyway?? The dealer wants and extra $900.00 to fit the pipes which is a total of $1,900.00 - so I'm wondering if the pipes are worth the extra expense - your thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'd wait for a while, get some input from the site, before I spent the money on the pipes. You may get advice to spend it on something else.
While I'd heard exhausts were expensive, I had no idea that they might be $1900 installed.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Good to hear Tex!...so the bike you rode and bought, is it the same bike in my showroom pix?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Gday, and welcome

Sydney based, thought i'd say hello..
dont discount the vic 2 into 1 pipes..look good..with added bonus if missus is on the back the pipes are lower than any rubber boot soles..

have the cam and power commander upgrade here 16400 on the clock (KM), running like a dream

regards,

Derekcheerscheerscheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Good to hear Tex!...so the bike you rode and bought, is it the same bike in my showroom pix?
Hey Chris, when I went to the Brisbane showroom, the dealer had 3 orange JACKPOTS - 2 were the 2014 model and the other the demo bike. Because I wanted all the extras that came with the 2013 bike he told me he would have to ship one to Brisbane - about a week of waiting. There is no actual difference between the two bikes as far as I know, so I wasn't going to miss out on all those freebies!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Lovely bike, you will enjoy it.
Word has it the Victory pipes don't give you much extra grunt, they are mainly for looks.
When I got my 2013 Judge I got the Sydney Victory dealer to fit the quick detach saddle bags, and I went with the standard exhaust... But now after 7000 km, I am considering the RPW. Check out Lloydz.com

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Do the pipes have to be dealer fitted to not void the warranty?
As for extra grunt, they're Grunt Monsters anyway but sound a bit anaemic with standard pipes, so looks and sound would really be my main consideration, the leaf blowers on mine look and sound good but evidently don't do much for the performance but so what, the things got more guts than anything else Ive ever ridden.
By the way just washed my GPZ900R cos I got a prospective buyer coming tomoz, took it round the block and it felt positively weird after one month and 4000 kilometres on the Victory...Road was wet so I didnt get up it...
2-1 with correct length primaries should get an exhaust scavenging effect that 2 single pipes dont get, Personally I prefer the note of separate pipes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts