Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, yea another new member, but not a rookie rider. Been riding since 7, to be 50 candles on the cake this year. You could say I ate my share of bugs. Belong to a few sites, so no hurt feelings here.
Mostly rode Yamaha's, now riding H-D Heritage, 105th year. Been looking at CC, only able to test ride for 5 miles, dealer didn't want to many miles on it. Liked it, looking for a new touring bike with low seat height that is easy to handle, with power, and Reliability.
Like to have input from anyone here that went from a Heritage to Cross Country? Later-James "Red Ryder" Beyer

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Hey All, yea another new member, but not a rookie rider. Been riding since 7, to be 50 candles on the cake this year. You could say I ate my share of bugs. Belong to a few sites, so no hurt feelings here.
Mostly rode Yamaha's, now riding H-D Heritage, 105th year. Been looking at CC, only able to test ride for 5 miles, dealer didn't want to many miles on it. Liked it, looking for a new touring bike with low seat height that is easy to handle, with power, and Reliability.
Like to have input from anyone here that went from a Heritage to Cross Country? Later-James "Red Ryder" Beyer
Happy 50th candle! I don't come from a Heritage, so I'll leave that for others to comment on, but I'd like to ask how you liked those 5 miles on the XC. What did you like the most and what are your concerns?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey CrossRoads, sorry for the long reply.
I like the low seat, though I am 6' I am a layback, and low sitting rider. It was nice to sit behind a fairing with radio again, but I had alot of buffeting, to short of shield std. Was prepaired to hear a noise from six gear as I read something about it, but did not hear or feel anything out of norm. 2nd gear did seem a little junky, but not bad.
Did wonder how much a difference it would raise the height of seat when adding 39lbs of air for rider and passenger combined weight?

The CC had Awsome Power, Very Impressed! Overall, Very Happy.

One of my concerns with any touring fairing & trunk bike is the top weight. I did not feel any problems with the CC.
A few months back sold my Yamaha Royal Star Venture, could not handle the top heaviness due to braking my back (3rd time), this time due to a 23' fall hunting accident. That is why I went to the Heritage, but it hurts my tailbone when I ride.

Thanks for the reply, next one will be shorter, Later-

·
Registered
579 Posts
Red,
I came to Victory from a HD Ultra Classic (still for sale).
I have a Cross Country, tall windshield, lower deflectors and the trunk.

This bike feels better (lighter) than the HD or any of the 3 Goldwings I've had. Even fully loaded and 2 up, the bike handled great on the 5500 mile trip I took with my girlfriend. (the pic in my garage was on day 17 of that trip) We had mountains, deserts, Highway 1 from northern CA to SF. Death Valley was hot, but it was 122 degrees that day.

Power and handling are excellent, once you add the lower deflectors, the buffeting is GREATLY reduced.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey ridinman, Thanks man.
Put lower deflectors on all my bikes, one of the first necessary accessories. I agree it needs a taller windshield. On the RSV I put a shorter one, every bike is different.
I feel the Cross Country is a combination of the RSV (great bike) and the Heritage (truly like the low seat and balance), which I am looking for. Road a Ultra yesturday, sit to high up and lack of power, my RSV would have smoked it. So a CC might be my next bike.
Again, appreciate your response. Later-

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
The new 2012 Cross Country Tour comes with a trunk, lower deflectors, and abs. I'm seriously thinking of trading in my 2010 XR for one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey PhilC64, thanks, and Heated Grips & Seats. But now for $21,999. ouch. But the ABS breaks would be awsome. Later-

·
Registered
851 Posts
Welcome.

I just came off a V Star 1300T and considered a Yamaha Venture, Kawi Voyager, Harley Ultra Classic (an '03 BTW :rolleyes:), and Victory Cross Country/Roads. I went the the Victory for two reasons. First it was more comfortable for Momma (if Momma ain't happy then NO ONE is happy :p) yet still had the stying for me. Also these videos helped too

I almost bought the Cross Country but decided to go with the Cross Roads so I could take off the windscreen when I wanted to feel the wind (it's been off for about the last month or so).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Goatlocker95, like the video. The quick ride I had with the XC was comfortable, think the wife would be comfortable also. Sent a couple emails to Victory Stealers but no reply from either one, guess they don't need the business today. Did stop by a Harley Stealer, low balled me on my beautiful 08 Heritage, 105th Edition #958/5000. I listed it on a few sites for sale, but unless I sell it myself, I won't be riding a XC for awhile. But look forward to when I do. Later-

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Hey Goatlocker95, like the video. The quick ride I had with the XC was comfortable, think the wife would be comfortable also. Sent a couple emails to Victory Stealers but no reply from either one, guess they don't need the business today. Did stop by a Harley Stealer, low balled me on my beautiful 08 Heritage, 105th Edition #958/5000. I listed it on a few sites for sale, but unless I sell it myself, I won't be riding a XC for awhile. But look forward to when I do. Later-
Victory Stealerships know they can't sell you their product over the phone, because the product sells itself - and the product doesn't speak over the phone. :ltr:

Drop by your local dealer and tell them you'd like to meet Vicky, and take her out on a short date. You will be in love, and not longer after you will bring her home. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey CrossRoads, went by a local stealer, 35 miles away, could only ride it for 5 miles, their only one and their trying to sell it. Next closes 85 miles, so I looked up four other dealers with in 3 hours away of me, 3 of 4 are out of business. Really like the XC, but worries me that with no dealers, no service. Still will keep looking for right deal, Later-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts