Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about a Victory for a long time. So decided to join the forum and get some feedback in my decision making process.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Been thinking about a Victory for a long time. So decided to join the forum and get some feedback in my decision making process.
You probably should tell us what you're looking for. Cross Country, Vegas, Kingpin etc. IMHO you can't go wrong with any one of these bikes. What's your riding experience.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Welkome to the forum, if your living in the USA then you can find real cheap ones with low millage ...

I have a Jackpot & CCT

I always wanted a vision due the the handling and wind buffeting being superior ....

1, My jackpot is just awsome to ride
2, My CCT is comfortable to ride

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking at the Kingpin and/or possibly Vision. Kingpin first and foremost. I am a tall guy with a 36" inseam so I am wondering about things like leg room. Also common maintenance and failure items there might be. Of course parts availability. And what about excessive heat issues? My cruisers in the past have put off a lot of heat in traffic, slow moving, and can make things down right uncomfortable. So was wondering about these things on the Victory bikes.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your decision....any of them are awesome rides you will love to own!!

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someone asked about my riding experience. Well I am an older rider and been riding since I was legal to drive(maybe a little before, but we won't tell anyone about that). Owned a LOT of bikes over the years. I tend to gravitate toward the Sport/Touring type bikes, but have owned my share of cruisers and a variety of other things.

Also starting to dabble with the idea of getting an adventure bike and maybe doing a little offroad fun. Never done any off road type riding so I think that would be fun since there are so many roads that turn into rock, dirt, etc and are not very suited for a lot of bikes.

So I am considering adding some bikes to my stable that suite the riding. I learned a long time ago that no matter how many farkles I put on a bike I was still never able to make one bike do everything well for every situation. So I am thinking about picking up a bike or two over the next few years that fit the types of riding I do or anticipate doing.

Victory made such beautiful bikes I have wanted one for many years. I found myself on an Electra Glide Classic and was pretty happy with that, but circumstances forced me to sell that bike and I haven't owned another cruiser since then. The word about Victory being shutdown and I was pretty sad about it. So I thought I would get what info I could from you guys and decide if 1. the bike would fit me and work for me 2. are you still able to get the support, parts, and things you need for your bike 3. the common issues, items and things I might need to know before buying one. 4. Are there any specific years that I should consider with the Kingpin that are better than others?

Thanks for the responses and the greetings!

·
Registered
105 Posts
At 65 I consider myself an older rider too. Picked up a new 2016 Hammer S a few months back and really like it. I added a Corbin seat and it made a huge difference in the overall comfort level. Hope you find exactly what you are looking for.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Here's my story....
I started riding in 1952 at 16 - yeah, I'm over 80. I have had a lot of bikes and at one time had six. I would at least have a country bike (usually a first gen Yamaha Venture) and a city bike for errands. I never liked cruisers.
Then cancer did a dance with me and I came out OK, but weaker than before and realized that if I wanted to continue riding - and I did - I needed a lower seat height and CofG. That meant a cruiser, gawd forbid, but at the right moment, Victory came out with the Cross bikes and the XR appealed due to its simplicity and less weight on the bars. Long story short, a test ride in the twisties (I may be old, but I love to carve) sold me. This is a cruiser that thinks its a sport-tourer.
I've had mine 8.5 years and the only time it was in the shop was for a recent rear brake line re-routing recall. No big thing. Vics are super dependable and so easy to work on. I do all my own and I have had the front end off for fork service and steering head bearing upgrading and the rear end off for suspension service. I have yet to find a fastener that's hard to get to.
As for you; If you were comfortable on a Harley (I don't know how with your inseam) you will be ecstatic with all the stretch out room a Cross bike offers. If you were to score a XR or a XC, I'll wager you will sell off some of your bike inventory as a cross bike is extremely versatile. I am down to just one bike, my XR as it is so un-intimidating for running in town errands of touring across many states.

·
13,188 Posts
MalcolmReynolds

so we know you want a kingpin now tell us where you live

1 - 9 of 9 Posts