Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just visited a Victory dealer on Thursday and was very impressed with the Cross Country Tour. Thinking a change of brands might be in the cards. Glad I found this forum because there are some questions I have about the CC Tour..............PJ

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome cheers

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Welcome to the forum and hopefully to Victory. Made the switch late last summer from a Vstar to a Cross Country. Did a demo ride on the tour and it's a great machine. Good luck in your decision.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
You own Doctor Spock?!? Welcome from the snow covered NW. I know that's no big deal to you Easterners, but we usually have to go to the mountains to see snow. The mountains came to us!
Riding my first Vic and first cruiser in over 62 years of riding. Nothing not to like.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Welcome! I'm a recently new owner (picked up my Vic in December). Lots of good info on this forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First question i have about the cc tour is what was the first year they were built ? Also was wondering how close is the cross country with the tourpak installed to the actual cc tour ? doesn't seem to me there is much of a difference...............PJ

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Im also a new member thumb up

·
Registered
262 Posts
First question i have about the cc tour is what was the first year they were built ? Also was wondering how close is the cross country with the tourpak installed to the actual cc tour ? doesn't seem to me there is much of a difference...............PJ
Welcome, The CCT and the CC are the same bike under the skin. The CCT come with the tour pack, hard lowers, tall windshield, heated seat and grips. You can add a tour pack to a base CC. If you want a to turn a CC into a CCT it will cost you more then if you just buy the CCT to start with.

What I do is ride 90% of the time with the trunk off cause it looks better and handles better with out it. I also swapped the tall windshield for a klockworks windshield. If I go on a long ride in just a few minutes I can swap the trunk and windshield and I'm ready to go. Its the best of both worlds. I can tell you the vulcan is a great bike I loved mine, but the Victorys are in a whole different class. You won't regret buying one.

2010 was the first year for the CC and 2011 I think was the first year for the CCT.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Welcome, The CCT and the CC are the same bike under the skin. The CCT come with the tour pack, hard lowers, tall windshield, heated seat and grips. You can add a tour pack to a base CC. If you want a to turn a CC into a CCT it will cost you more then if you just buy the CCT to start with.

What I do is ride 90% of the time with the trunk off cause it looks better and handles better with out it. I also swapped the tall windshield for a klockworks windshield. If I go on a long ride in just a few minutes I can swap the trunk and windshield and I'm ready to go. Its the best of both worlds. I can tell you the vulcan is a great bike I loved mine, but the Victorys are in a whole different class. You won't regret buying one.

2010 was the first year for the CC and 2011 I think was the first year for the CCT.
thumb up thumb up What he said. Indeed the Vic's are truly in a whole different class than your Vulcan are or my 2 Hondas were (Shadow 750 and Sabre 1100).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies. The main reason i was questioning the difference is this. Closest "decent" Vic dealer is 3 hours away which means with my crazy work schedule i be taking vacation days just to go for the Vic mandated service on a new bike. I bought my Vulcan from a local high end used bike dealer. Meaning he only deals in late model first class bikes. A lot of bigger cruisers baggers touring rigs etc. I bought my '09 Vulcan from him 2 years ago with only 1900 miles on it and saved $1000.00's off the price of brand new. So I've already talked to him about finding me a Vic but I may have to go with a str8 cross country and add on a few things to make it as close to the tour as possible.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Thanks for the replies. The main reason i was questioning the difference is this. Closest "decent" Vic dealer is 3 hours away which means with my crazy work schedule i be taking vacation days just to go for the Vic mandated service on a new bike. I bought my Vulcan from a local high end used bike dealer. Meaning he only deals in late model first class bikes. A lot of bigger cruisers baggers touring rigs etc. I bought my '09 Vulcan from him 2 years ago with only 1900 miles on it and saved $1000.00's off the price of brand new. So I've already talked to him about finding me a Vic but I may have to go with a str8 cross country and add on a few things to make it as close to the tour as possible.
Lycoming County, eh? Which Vic dealer are you considering? Bestline Powersports is a Vic dealer here in Centre County. Have you been in touch w/them? A bike mechanic friend is good buddies w/the owner. Unfortunately, they didn't have any used Vics when I was shopping though they did have what appeared to be decent buyer "incentives" on their new Vics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts