Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Up here in Michigan and I'm moving from a smaller metric bike to a Cross Country (XC?). I think I got a pretty decent deal on my bike and I'm excited to learn more about the bike, the company, the quirks, and the good mods out there.

Where do I start? Point me in the right direction!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome from Missouri formerly Michigan - Sterling Hts. Where 'bouts are you in Michigan?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good luck with the new bike. I picked up my cross country in August. Added the tri oval stage 1 pipes. Sounds great. Trying to come up with a replacement for the factory windshield. The buffeting is pretty annoying at highway speed compared to the cross roads I owned prior.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Howdy there!

From the Thumb.

And the bike comes with Big Honker exhaust/ tuner and a slightly taller windshield with a flare + some other addons. I know nothing about the Big Honker so I'd like to find out what it adds to the bike and figure out how to set it correctly (the impression I got is the dealer kind of does it at the seat of their pants).

·
Registered
85 Posts
I used to spend some time in Port Austin. I used to ride with a group that did a thumb ride once per year. We would stop in Port Huron for lunch on the ride back to our southern suburbs.

I grew up on the east side of Detroit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome from NW Georgia! I moved from my midsize metric cruiser to a XCT about a month (and 3000 miles) ago. You're gonna love the bike, and this forum. It took me a couple of weeks to relax with the new bike (still not quite comfortable in parking lots) but the handling on the road is incredibly better than the C50. Enjoy!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from NW Georgia! I moved from my midsize metric cruiser to a XCT about a month (and 3000 miles) ago. You're gonna love the bike, and this forum. It took me a couple of weeks to relax with the new bike (still not quite comfortable in parking lots) but the handling on the road is incredibly better than the C50. Enjoy!
I'm interested to see how it handles. I came from a C50t :D

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Howdy there!

From the Thumb.

And the bike comes with Big Honker exhaust/ tuner and a slightly taller windshield with a flare + some other addons. I know nothing about the Big Honker so I'd like to find out what it adds to the bike and figure out how to set it correctly (the impression I got is the dealer kind of does it at the seat of their pants).
The pipes are the Big Honkers and the tuner is probably the Ness "Big Shot" and if so, it will be one of the dobek-styled tuners. Do a search on here on VFC-III and you will find more information on using it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The pipes are the Big Honkers and the tuner is probably the Ness "Big Shot" and if so, it will be one of the dobek-styled tuners. Do a search on here on VFC-III and you will find more information on using it.
Good deal, thanks. When I pick up my bike I hope to get some information on what exactly it all is to try and sort this all out.

Just getting excited to actually get it! :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Welcome.. getting nipply up there I would think.. Virginia is nuts this time of year.. 50 yesterday, 72 today..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Barron,

I too made the leap from metric cruisers. My last bike was a 500cc Royal Enfield bullet. It was so old i had to turn the petcock off after use for fear of leaking gas. When i bought my victory, and drove around the lot on an engine 3x bigger then before, the dealer looked at me like i was nutso! It's been a helluva crash course! ;)

Good luck to you friend!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts