Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. i have owned several harleys, am a owner of a bwm r1200rt and i am looking for a victory cross country. i can buy a damaged one (i know it has some riscs bu i like to fix things) , a 2013 cross country but the fairing is all broke. do you guys know what a new fairing will cost?. greetings from overseas

·
13,235 Posts
Your going to spend a lot of money repairing it.
Will the bike come with a salvage title? If so might be hard to get insurance.
If it comes with salvage title and you get it street legal can you get a clean title.

The outer faring is $1143.99 and you have to hope nothing ells is bad.
Here is Vic's site to wards the bottom in parts catalog you can find part numbers there. With part numbers go to a local dealers web site and look up OEM parts finder and you can get prices.
You'll search a long time to find used parts.

http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/home.aspx

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome aboard , head02 cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome. If you have trouble figuring something out on your rebuild, I'm pretty sure somebody here can help you work through it--lot's of knowledge on the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks visionjohnny.
in my humble opinion the spare parts of victory are way over priced. the bike is good quality no doubt but if you want something else, polaris knows their way to your pocket (and that is way deep). thanks for the answer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ho
i guys, friday i will go to the dealer who's has the damaged victory for sale. the foto's of the bike are on the internet. i think i can get it street legal. but i'll have to to do some research and give the bike a good look. i will video record the bike. if some of you guys wants to do a oversees digital second opinion i wiil be happy to send some info.
the info about the victories website with parts information was great. it gives a lot to think about. thanks.
i am looking forward to it and will keep you informed.

·
13,235 Posts
where is the damage on the bike in the rear or up front?
Look at the frame from be hind and see if it looks straight.
Look at the wheels to see if there bent. If there is oil under the bike run away from it. cases could be cracked.
When you have seen the bike then look for parts to see what they coast.
Don't get me wrong but over there you could be farther a head if you bought a running bike cause what you spend to fix this one might be the same price.
photos would be great

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
13,235 Posts
so it looks like inner and outer faring front fender mirror crash bar and lower and floor borad.

I'm thinking frame is ok I wounder what he hit.

Where do you find parts over there. Maybe a body shop could fix the outer faring and crash bar on ebay

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am not sure where to find spare parts. it will be difficult to find them in europe. So i'll have to buy them in the states.
i have done several ebay deals with US citizen (30 times) . this is not allways easy because some dudes won't ship abroad. even if i pay up front and pay extra for the shippings costs. this i do not understand. but then again, the greater part has no problems with.

so we will see. but first a gotta check out the bike.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You need to get down to Brunssum and be-friend a American who has an APO. :cool:

You should really stand out on a Cross County over there. Unless things have changed, I worked in the Netherlands for 2 years back in the mid 90s I don't recall seeing many big touring bikes. I lived in Hulsbeg down in the south. I mostly remember just seeing the sport bikes or scooters. I would not have seen any Victories as I left the year before the first Victory came out, but I don't recall seeing any Harleys either. Of coarse that was 15 or so years ago, and my memory is not that good anymore.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Howdy term,

not quite sure what the definition of an AP0 is :cool:
Yep, one should stand out with a victory. i ride for more than 30 years and i have seen just one , and this was 5 weeks ago. but i think this will change, not dramitcally, but it will.
Hulsberg .... did you join NATO at that time?
There are a lot of touring bikes up here. but most of them are harleys, BMW and japanese &^%$. noen of them are victories. I like the XC. it is real American steel instead of china stuff which harley uses a lot. i like the harleys as well but the quality doesn't match the victory standards (IMHO).
most off all i fancy the new Indian. This is a awesome bike. a bit to expensive for me but if i am able to choose (which i am not) it would definitely be the Indian.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Howdy term,

not quite sure what the definition of an AP0 is :cool:
Yep, one should stand out with a victory. i ride for more than 30 years and i have seen just one , and this was 5 weeks ago. but i think this will change, not dramitcally, but it will.
Hulsberg .... did you join NATO at that time?
There are a lot of touring bikes up here. but most of them are harleys, BMW and japanese &^%$. noen of them are victories. I like the XC. it is real American steel instead of china stuff which harley uses a lot. i like the harleys as well but the quality doesn't match the victory standards (IMHO).
most off all i fancy the new Indian. This is a awesome bike. a bit to expensive for me but if i am able to choose (which i am not) it would definitely be the Indian.
An APO is a box servicemen, some diplomats, and contract services personnel can use. Shipping to an APO from the US is just like sending something to the US no matter what county it is in. They are not supposed to allow others to do that, but....

My company was working with NATO and we set up our first office in Heerlen, then moved it to Sittard. I enjoyed my two years over there, really great people. Also I never had to learn Dutch because you all speak English so well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a few replies ago i inserted the internet page with photo's of the damaged bike. can anyone tell me if the exhaust pipes are stock pipes or stage 1 pipes or what?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts