Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All from down under. I went in to a victory store in Brisbane Queensland Australia to BUY a Cross road looked at five bikes cash in the pocket to buy out right on the spot ride away same day and I stood around waiting for some service after 10 minutes I walked out :confused:what do i do next catch a plane to the next victory shop and hope for better service Not Happy.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Sorry to hear about that experience. I had the same thing happen to me at the HD dealership near my house. They are a good dealership, just wasn't one of their better days. They can usually smell the blood in the water from the parking lot and are quick to circle the prey...

Unless they really frustrated you, give it another chance. Maybe ask to meet the owner/manager, introduce yourself and see how eager they will be to earn your business. If that doesn't work then they probably won't be around for long anyway and it is time to look elsewhere.

Good luck on your adventure.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrats on your decision to consider Victory! Hopefully your next visit will get you the help you need and you are able to ride off on a new XR (Cross Roads).

As far as other dealers in the area goes we have quite a few Aussie members on here so hopefully one or more will chime in and tell you where to go or who to talk to.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank's Bart P and ammo umb , I will not reward a shop with bad service by going back and buying from them, there loss! The next shop near to me is 600+ Miles away from my home.I will just have to catch a flight out and ride back. I do have a 1700 vulcan nomad in the garage Great bike but I like the Victory Cross Road as well. All the Best guy's an thank's John.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Johney....I suggest you go back to that dealer and hover around the bike you want. See if they'll take the bait this time. You didn't say why you were ignored. Were they busy writing up another sale, or just leaning against the water cooler? 600 miles is too far to go to get the bike you really want, although IMO, a Crossroads is worth it. I have learned a long ago that a little schmoozing goes a long way. Unless the folks at your local dealership are just plain a$$holes. Good luck and cheers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ricz, Reason who know's but I was the only customer in the shop.! All the bikes in the shop had dust on them so just lazy I would say. The shop in question hot's up bikes and sell's Victory bikes as a seondary item so going to a real Victory shop is the only way to go which means going 600+ miles away. Victory Head office should know about this but I don't have there email address so can anybody help with that. How they got to sell Victory's beat's me. Anyway. All the Best. John.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
John,
I wish I could give you a viable email address, so you can let Ma Vic know about that dealer. Dealers like that doesn't bode well for us trying to promote the brand. I hear that 600 miles is like a drive around the block to you Aussies.
Ric

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ricz Thank's mate. I did hear that Victory are going to open a shop up on the Gold Coast about 40 minutes south of where I live in 2013 I hope that is so I will be on there door step as soon as they open by that time there will be a new XR model out maybe.Why is it so hard to contact Victory Head Office and do they have a feedback line. All the Best John.

·
Registered
97 Posts
John

Firstly, welcome to the forum. There are a lot of great guys and most likely girls here and all will help in any way they can.

Secondly, I'm very dissapointed about your experience with the Victory Dealership up there. If you have the time (you've most likely got the money) fly down to Sydney and see the guys at the Victory dealership in Ashfield, Sydney. Ask for Ezio or Tom and beleive me if you walk into the shop someone will at the very least will come up to you and say "Hello" and ask if they can help you. And their bikes don't have dust on them.

Tell them Kym sent you:)

Cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the welcome, I was thinking of newcastle myself. All the Best John.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts