Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new member here checking in!

Little background...I rode crotch rockets for about 7 years and recently sold my Yamaha R1 that I loved. It was time to move on and I'm currently looking for a cruiser. The only bikes I really seem to be attracted to are Victory and Harley, so I came here looking for help and maybe a little bit of biased opinions :D

My favorite Victory is the Vegas 8-ball but I'm mostly looking at the Vegas line, preferably used, but don't know much about them. Any help would be great and I hope to be here awhile lol!

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from North FL .. The Vegas 8 Ball is a fine choice for a sleek ride .. What I would have for a 2nd Ride for cruising around if didn't have the FXR4 ..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome.
There are some great deals here in Az on older model Vegas's. Check Craigslist. I have an 05 Kingpin I am trying to talk myself into selling, BTW. lol
Yeah I've seen some pretty good ones! Seen a few Vegas and Kingpins for under $5k...I was going to spend more and grab a nice 8-ball but now I'm not so sure lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
FYI, until recently the 8ball was a 5 speed transmission, while the Vegas and KPin were 6 speed. That's worth considering if you give thoughts to any longer distance cruising.

Also, in 2011, the transmission was updating to shift better (think that's when they did away with the 5 speed).

·
Registered
189 Posts
I also rode crotch rockets for a long time till about 15 years ago. I started to ride cruiser. I went from Jap cruiser to custom rigid chopper to HD and now the Vic. All I have to say from coming from a HD is, you really need to ride a Vic to understand and enjoy the difference from a HD. They are 2 different machine. I took a test ride for about 30 minutes and I was sold. I can't wait to get my bike next week. I don't even want to ride my HD.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also rode crotch rockets for a long time till about 15 years ago. I started to ride cruiser. I went from Jap cruiser to custom rigid chopper to HD and now the Vic. All I have to say from coming from a HD is, you really need to ride a Vic to understand and enjoy the difference from a HD. They are 2 different machine. I took a test ride for about 30 minutes and I was sold. I can't wait to get my bike next week. I don't even want to ride my HD.
Which HD did you ride? I'm basically looking for something comfortable and trying to figure out if Victorys will work for me. I have a bad back so I might have to get a backrest b/c I'm more comfortable when I'm leaning back on something. Might not need it on a comfortable bike that has good body position though. Any opinions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Man, I could have written that first post myself and not had a difference. I've been riding super sport bikes for the better part of 8 years and and giving up my R1 for a cruiser. I love different things about both the HDs and the victorys. I am actually looking to pick up a jackpot. Based off the Vegas (actual name is the Vegas jackpot) but the main difference other than more Chrome is it has a 250 rear tire instead of a 180 looks mean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts