Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to introduce myself. I am from Connecticut as the title
says. I just bought my first Victory back in Dec. a used 2012 Cross Country with 3500 miles on it. I haven't been able to really put any miles on it yet only about 150 because of the weather. Did I mention I HATE WINTER! But what I can say is I absolutely love this bike. I've been looking at them for 2 years and finally pulled the trigger and bought one. I can't wait for spring. I've been riding since 1978 and have ridden a lot of bikes but so far this is my favorite. I'm hopping I can pick a few brains here on accessories and any improvements,
but I can't imagine making improvements. Any way, hello to all.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome, there is a lot of good info here. The next six days of weather looks like it going to suck! Spring will get here sooner or later!cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome from another CT Victory rider.

I rode Sunday then Monday we get 5 inches of snow. Today I've got 9 inches and who knows what we'll get this weekend. Argh! Need some warm weather!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
GCM , believe me when I tell you that I agree !thumb up

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum bz54.
Your bike isn't really broken in yet. It will get better. Meanwhile, a good mod for relatively small money is the Lloydz Adjustable timing wheel. Most people set it around 4 degrees advance and notice the low end torque improvement. If you go that way get the reusable timing cover gasket too. You will probably tear the OEM gasket so buy the reusable one in case you want to tweak the timing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like GCM I was out Sunday manage about 50 miles. Now I'm snow bound, looks like I'm in Siberia! I did make some improvements because of the helmet buffeting I experienced driving it home from the dealer.
JTD lowers and fairing winglets that I designed to go
over and around the Forged bars. Sunday up to 80 mph just briefly
and not a bit of buffeting. I love the bike even more now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome from snowy Cheshire, Ct. I rode for a few hours on Sat. I have a 2012 XCT. I'm in the process of a few modifications. Drilled exhaust, air horn, and new windshield. Love the bike! Planning a trip to Nova Scotia in late June.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Welcome from Naugatuck. Waiting for spring!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi broggyr, ride thru naugy alot, love rt. 63 up into NW corner.
And jump on rt. 8 up to Mass. and beyond. Can't wait till spring!

·
Registered
396 Posts
just dont polish all the paint off it waiting for the weather to break!;)wac

1 - 15 of 15 Posts