Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my name is Dez and I am looking to get a cross country sometime in the next few months. I have been riding for about 4 years now. My current bike is a 1980 Suzuki GS1000G. I have been a fan of Japanese cruisers for a while (yamaha raider, warrior) but now I am looking for something with performance and practicality which has brought me here. I've test ridden one vic so far. It so happened to be a Magnum that was for sale at a triumph dealer so they let me have a ride. I was impressed with the handling, but not as much with the low end torque. The raider and warrior that I tested were a lot more stout in the lower revs... I'd like to hear anyone's opinion on it if they have ridden any of the bikes I've mentioned, because to me, I could just as easily throw some saddlebags and a bullet fairing on one of the yamahas as I could buy a cross country. Thanks for your input in advance. I look forward to learning more about these bikes on this forum!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Welcome from Alabama! (TDY Fort Knox)

If you aren't looking for a bike to sit on for hours that, even with the stock seat, will not wear you out, you might go with the warrior. However, After owing my Cross Country, I will keep buying them unless the ever quit making them. I put almost 1000 miles on my bike every 2 weeks on average, so it was a clear choice for me!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from Alabama! (TDY Fort Knox)

If you aren't looking for a bike to sit on for hours that, even with the stock seat, will not wear you out, you might go with the warrior. However, After owing my Cross Country, I will keep buying them unless the ever quit making them. I put almost 1000 miles on my bike every 2 weeks on average, so it was a clear choice for me!
I can dig it. I don't really do too many days over say 300 miles, so I don't know if I need an all day bike but the Vic XC is such a good looking bike! Plus I don't look like a Magilla Gorilla on it. I'm 6'3" 270 which seems to happen a lot

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Plus I don't look like a Magilla Gorilla on it. I'm 6'3" 270 which seems to happen a lot
If that's the case, there are many performance parts you can buy for the XC to wake up the motor. I have seen charts of these bikes running 120+ hp. The bike is massive and would fit your size a lot better. One of my brothers is a pretty big guy. I find that he looks huge even on his Street Glide, so I see what you are saying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts