Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought me a black 2010 Cross Roads demo last October from Max Motorsports in Pelham, Alabama. She had previously told me there was NO WAY I was EVER getting a bike because I would kill myself on it and she's have to raise our kids alone! Her best friend was buying one for her husband (also a surprise), and I was part of surprising him.....to MY SURPRISE, she had also purchased my bikethumb up. My brother in law is the sales manager at the dealer, and he'd broken the bike in "right" (it had 3k mi when I got it), and had installed the Stage 1 exhaust, K&N airfilter, and reflashed it; it hauls ass! I commute in to Houston on this thing every day that is 30% or less chance of rain. I also go to the gym on it, um really anywhere that I can!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

You're looking at the weather report the wrong way. Make yourself believe that 30% chance of rain means there's a 100% chance of rain over 30% of the area the weather is reported for. If the logic fails you once in a while it's no biggie unless you're made of cotton candy or sugar.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

ammo_umb: I like your interpretsation of the weather forecast...in fact its a questions I've pondered...do they mean 30% that it will rain somewhere in the coverage area, or like you said, 100% chance that it will rain over 30% of the area the weather is reported for. which is equal to 100% chance that IT WON'T rain over 70% of the area the weather is reported for! Let's hope the wife agrees with the logic...since she bought it as a surprise, the title is in her name!cheers

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Welcome

I'm new here also got my 2012 Hammer 8 Ball April 20th 1950 miles so far. It's funny I use to have a Buick Grand National(same paint scheme:) ) The famous saying by GN owners was "we brake for Corvettes". Now we brake for Harleys LOLcheers

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Welcome from Austin, TX! Maybe we should have a Central/East TX ride one of these days!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts