Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying hello to everybody. I have been riding bikes off and on for about 35 years, in between raising a family, etc. I presently own a 1982 Honda Magna, but will soon be upgrading. I have never been a crotch rocket fan and Victory is the only manufacturer that can compare to the Magna in power and handling both. I have loved the Vegas from the first one I saw.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Hello Galveston and welcome aboard!

You are overdue for an upgrade and a Victory Vegas is a great choice. Do you have a Vic dealer near you? If you do, have you taken one out for a demo ride? You can check the Vic Demo truck schedule as well, if you weren't aware of that. cheers

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have one dealership 20 miles up the road and within an hour and a half there are like four. None of them want to give demo rides though. I will definitely have to check out that demo truck schedule, though. BTW, RedRocker, my wife is from New Haven, Ct.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
That's too bad. Any dealer who is in the business to close a sale on what they sell should try to accommodate a prospective customer. As the saying goes, it's a small world. We're about 40 min from New Haven via I95 South. Riding 95 blows, so we take any and all side roads and meander around it. The wife and I were in New Haven on Saturday visiting a Vic dealer that we hadn't been to yet. Nice shop.

Here's the Vic Demo truck schedule link:www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/test-ride/pages/national-demo-tour.aspx?WT.si_n=VIC-top_nav_demo_tour&WT.si_x=1

Hopefully there's one coming to you real soon.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info on the demo truck schedule! I will definitely have to see what I can do. Living this close to Houston the dealerships just have an attitude of if you don't buy it somebody else will. It's much better to deal with an individual or an independent shop.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Thanks for the info on the demo truck schedule! I will definitely have to see what I can do. Living this close to Houston the dealerships just have an attitude of if you don't buy it somebody else will. It's much better to deal with an individual or an independent shop.
Which dealer....who did you talk to?
Dealers are always willing to give test rides. Mancuso Gulf Freeway at Eldrige just did a Demo days for three days two weeks ago.
I know i was there riding their bikes. Let me know when you want to test ride...I will set it up for you.

And welcome!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I had a Magna, did enjoy but nothing like the Vegas 8-Ball I purchased. My dealer had no issue in letting me test ride the bike. You might want to find another dealer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Greetings from Missouri City! We need to cruise down the Blue Water Highway if it ever quits raining.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts