Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
21 year old from Northern Iowa with many questions on my 06 Victory I bought this last winter. Hope this is the right place to be to help answer these questions on this type of bike.

Love this bike so far just having problems with the bike charging the battery when its running. I know this isn't the right place to be asking but it says to post here first so I can post in the right place for questions after this. Looking forward to getting help with all these questions cause the nearest victory dealer is 80 miles from me. Thanks!!thumb up

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome have you checked the battery the bike will run with it dead after it is jumped,check your fuses and if you have a multi meter check to see if it is charging your stator maybe bad

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the last week I have put a new battery in and took it to the dealer to find what was draining the battery. They said it was a bad voltage regulator and said it's fixed. Drove 80 miles to pick it up and brought it home, drove 4 miles out of town and the light came on and sure enough my battery was drained already. I'm thinking it's gotta be the alternator but would really like to hear what other people think it would be.

·
Registered
52 Posts
In the last week I have put a new battery in and took it to the dealer to find what was draining the battery. They said it was a bad voltage regulator and said it's fixed. Drove 80 miles to pick it up and brought it home, drove 4 miles out of town and the light came on and sure enough my battery was drained already. I'm thinking it's gotta be the alternator but would really like to hear what other people think it would

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It ended up being a couple bad wiring in the handle bars and some open wires in the headlight. dealer said the wires were poorly connected for the custom turn signals on the end of my handle bars. being that there was bad wiring it was drawing all the juice from the voltage regulator to the open wires. I could have fixed it probably but I would rather have someone work on a bike theyve worked on plenty of times than me. Went from being a die hard snowmobile rider racing sno cross and mountain climbing to dropping it all and getting a bike. I am so happy with my jackpot. ride it so much more and im not freezing my ass off. love it!!!!! thought about getting a harley and i am damn happy I didnt.....I wax every harley in every category and i love it!!! Victory rider all the way!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I see no reason to be dissing an HD. I rode a couple of them for over 3 years and they are nice bikes. My Vision is just a better bike in my mind, but we all enjoy the same breeze in our knees.
It doesn't matter what you ride as long as you make friends along the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts