Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding a Vision for about 4 years now and just registered to this site.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Registered with a couple of other sites but a friend told me about this one so I thought I would check it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Welcome! This is a good site, lots of very useful info and smart people here. Im down by New Orleans in Metairie. Where did you get your vision at? Was it the houma dealership? I think its the only one in the state that sells Victories.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought mine from Cowboy Polaris in Beaumont TX. At the time it was the closest dealer to me. Very friendly and the manager was real knowledgeable. There is a now a dealership closer to me in Tyler TX. In case you are wondering, I'm just south of Shreveport, LA. That's why all the closest dealers to me are in Texas.:(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gator Joe! I was actually born in Florida in Jacksonville at the Naval Air Station. My father was in the Marine Corp at the time, a long time ago:D.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Bought mine from Cowboy Polaris in Beaumont TX. At the time it was the closest dealer to me. Very friendly and the manager was real knowledgeable. There is a now a dealership closer to me in Tyler TX. In case you are wondering, I'm just south of Shreveport, LA. That's why all the closest dealers to me are in Texas.:(
Cool, that's what I figured actually. You're way up north, so it wouldn't make sense to go down to Houma. I'm looking to do a tour of the state on my bike sometime soon, so I will probably be passing your area. If I can remember right, there's some quiet nice riding around where you live.

Do you know many Victory owners in your town? I know no one in my area with a Victory, they are so very rare here.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Howdy, and a big welcome from South Dakota.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks DakotaRider!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marius, I only know of one Victory rider up in Shreveport but he sold his bike and went back to a Hardley. He kept talking about how good the bike was but was afraid he wouldn't be able to get service anywhere. I was said "Why? A Victory never breaks down." I have a good friend I met in Las Vegas a couple of years who rides a Vision who recently came and stayed with me while he was headed out to the Blue Ridge mountains. He's a big fan of Victorys. He had put over 80,000 miles on his '08 Vision and traded it in for an '11 about 14 months ago and already has 20,000 miles on this bike.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome. I grew up in Evans its a small town in Vernon Parish been through Mansfield a few times.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Marius, I only know of one Victory rider up in Shreveport but he sold his bike and went back to a Hardley. He kept talking about how good the bike was but was afraid he wouldn't be able to get service anywhere. I was said "Why? A Victory never breaks down." I have a good friend I met in Las Vegas a couple of years who rides a Vision who recently came and stayed with me while he was headed out to the Blue Ridge mountains. He's a big fan of Victorys. He had put over 80,000 miles on his '08 Vision and traded it in for an '11 about 14 months ago and already has 20,000 miles on this bike.
Wow, I wish I was racking up milege like that. Don't have quiet that much time to ride besides my daily commute. I think Victories are going to remain few and far between in our state because of not much support for them for now. Maybe things will change in the future, but I do like being one of very few people with a Vic ;-)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks saintdruss13 and 1 big skeeter.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts