Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I gave myself an early Christmas present by ordering a new Cross Roads yesterday - now I just have to wait until some time in January to collect it from the dealer!

It's my first Victory, but after I took a long test ride on one I found the bug had bitten hard. It'll be sharing the garage with my daily ride, a Honda CB1300S.

Looking forward to participating in the forum. :)

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
the wait....

poor bastard having to wait...it'll be worth it tho!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum Gromit.

poor bastard having to wait...it'll be worth it tho!
Its not as bad as it sounds. He does have a daily ride that he has not given up riding. It is a lot easier to wait when you have a daily ride to use.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Nice!....You got it hey!
Very nice, twin discs, upside down forks, bags, crashbars, footboards, a decent seat...and the 106 inch.
I could see myself on one of those too.
Enjoy mate!...know you will.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
enjoy your new ride,dont forget to do a couple of sat morning rides
may see you there

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I've spent a little more time on the XR since my last post (though not as much as I'd like!).

Good: There's no sign of buyer's remorse! I'm enjoying riding the bike, and looking forward to getting to know it better. I'm also glad the bike doesn't have a screen - no buffeting and it's comfortable even at freeway speeds.

Not-so-good: I'd like the step up in the seat (between rider and pillion) to start about an inch further back. I find myself slumping slightly after a while, rather than being able to shift my butt back a bit and sit up straighter. It's not really a big deal, though. If it becomes one I'll get the seat modified (or look for bars that let me lean forward more).

Wish list: The Stage 1 exhaust, but it'll have to wait a while given the cost. :(

Bought and en route: A Lock & Ride passenger backrest, to make sure Mrs Gromit doesn't fall off the back. :)

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
I've spent a little more time on the XR since my last post (though not as much as I'd like!).

Good: There's no sign of buyer's remorse! I'm enjoying riding the bike, and looking forward to getting to know it better. I'm also glad the bike doesn't have a screen - no buffeting and it's comfortable even at freeway speeds.

Not-so-good: I'd like the step up in the seat (between rider and pillion) to start about an inch further back. I find myself slumping slightly after a while, rather than being able to shift my butt back a bit and sit up straighter. It's not really a big deal, though. If it becomes one I'll get the seat modified (or look for bars that let me lean forward more).

Wish list: The Stage 1 exhaust, but it'll have to wait a while given the cost. :(

Bought and en route: A Lock & Ride passenger backrest, to make sure Mrs Gromit doesn't fall off the back. :)
if you decide to change bars check out Burleigh Bars on the Gold Coast, they made up a nice set to my requirements.
They eliminate the need for risers giving a smooth flowing tough look, and have provision for internal wiring to clean the look up even more.
Bike feels better to steer and in stainless they'll never rust.
Makes the standard bars look like bicycle items.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good Day Mate! LOL Had to say it. Welcome.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts