Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i stumbled across this forum while browsing all things pertaining to victory and thought i would join.

i rode in my younger days and after 20 years of not riding i bought a 2003 vegas about 3 years ago.

the following mods were already done when i bought it.

200/50 18 rear tire. mbw signals front and rear. low profile windshield. victory performance exhaust pipes. decals removed from gas tank.

i purchased viking saddle bags this past december. they fit good if i have my passenger seat on but when i use just my solo seat they stick out sideways some. i got to looking and found out that with the solo seat on the bolts pull the bags out due to the curvature of the fender struts. i guess i need to find some small washers to fit in the holes of the struts to make the bags sit level.

i am a short guy and on my toes when i stop. any advice on lowering it keeping in mind my wide tire on the back.

here is a list of thing i have had to repair in the 3 years i have had it.

fuel pump, clutch cable, ignition coil, throttle body cleaned. oh yea, brake pads and rear rotor.

what should i expect to go out next lol. it had 15,000 miles on it when i bought it and now has 21,000 on it.

·
Administrator
5,977 Posts
Welcome aboard! cheers

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the welcome guys

hey moosehead. what part of ala. are you in ? i have a daughter that lives just north of mobile. i did some work in huntsville for about 3 months a few years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts