Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Picked up my 07 Vegas 8 Ball a couple of days ago and thought I'd say hi. They're not that common here in NZ so its a real head turner in my little town that's mostly full of Harley riders. Initially I thought the handling was terrible but then once I inflated the tyres over 17psi thumb up everything was brilliant. Very different riding experience with it being so long and low but now I'm muscling it round corners I'm loving it. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to contributing to your forums and learning from your experience with this awesome bike cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Welcome from CT

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome

Welcome from Indiana!
Keep Riding!

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cool, I lived in NZ for about a year while working there. I moved around alot between the north and south island. Spent a bunch of time in wellington. I liked it there alot!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi all
Picked up my 07 Vegas 8 Ball a couple of days ago and thought I'd say hi. They're not that common here in NZ so its a real head turner in my little town that's mostly full of Harley riders. Initially I thought the handling was terrible but then once I inflated the tyres over 17psi thumb up everything was brilliant. Very different riding experience with it being so long and low but now I'm muscling it round corners I'm loving it. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to contributing to your forums and learning from your experience with this awesome bike cheers
Hello from across the ditch. Are there many Victory dealers in NZ, or did you pick this up as a so called grey import?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, I lived in NZ for about a year while working there. I moved around alot between the north and south island. Spent a bunch of time in wellington. I liked it there alot!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Hi again. I'm actually in Wellington right this minute. Checking out the Andy Worhol exhibit at Te Papa. First night I've spent apart from my bike and I'm getting withdrawls.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello from across the ditch. Are there many Victory dealers in NZ, or did you pick this up as a so called grey import?
Hi. No not that many dealers in NZ but I got the bike off a dealer in Hastings which is around 3 hours away. The Suzuki dealership in Palmerston North (45 minutes away) is just about to become a Victory dealer so that's the reason I felt comfortable getting the bike. Its just really kicking off here but the more people see bikes like mine, the more people I'm sure will start to buy them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi. No not that many dealers in NZ but I got the bike off a dealer in Hastings which is around 3 hours away. The Suzuki dealership in Palmerston North (45 minutes away) is just about to become a Victory dealer so that's the reason I felt comfortable getting the bike. Its just really kicking off here but the more people see bikes like mine, the more people I'm sure will start to buy them.
There are just 8 Victory dealerships in Australia. The two biggest, in Sydney and Melbourne, are actually factory owned outlets. I think they have a good future and hopefully the take off in Australia will aid NZ. The brand will probably gain a lot of momentum in NZ when the new Indian launches, with all its Bert Munro associations.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Welcome! I should plan a New Zealand trip. Bring my 08 Kingpin for riding and my inline skates for a spin around the new track in Timaru.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio! Always wanted to visit New Zealand, hopefully in the next few years!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts