Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! New to the forums. I've been riding for about a year now. I currently ride a 2013 Honda Shadow Phantom. I'm looking to move up some. I have been looking at Harleys and while I like their bikes I have been severly turned off by the dealers. I actually love the look of the Victory's more but I am not sure the bikes that fit me well will provide what I need. So I sought out the forum to get some questions answered by the folks that actually ride these beauties everyday. I look forward to learning from you all!

Ed

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome. I have the best of both worlds Victory and Harley both make good bikes. What type of bikes ya looking at? I just recently bought a Cross Country and love it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. I have the best of both worlds Victory and Harley both make good bikes. What type of bikes ya looking at? I just recently bought a Cross Country and love it!
I'm not ready for a bike that size. I'm pretty short and I have sat on them and i'm not comfortable on tippy toes with an 800 pound bike. The problem is I commute to work on my bike. its 130 mile round trip. I do it 3 days a week so I need something that is decent on gas, is comfortable and will also do decent 2 up. The bikes that fit me the best are the Vegas 8 ball and Judge. Both dont seem to get the greatest gas mileage. I was entertaining a 2013 Boardwalk that is left over in a local dealer showroom but again, under 40 mpg doesnt help me much. Curious if they offer and reduced reach seats for the Victory bikes. Maybe a Cross Roads.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Twospot... All the Vic bikes have the same engine. I am sure the mileage is all the same the steel framed bikes, and all the same on the Cross bikes.

·
Registered
632 Posts
If you want something decent on gas get a Puke'er'cis, Your not going to get 40 mpg on a 106 ci bike commuting around NJ. You might do it with a 650cc..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah 40+ Mpg on a motorcycle is pretty ambitious. I'm happy with anything over 30mpg. You could probably get close to 40mpg if you aren't throttle happy. On both my bikes I can get close to that if I take it easy

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree with most of the others and I live in NJ. If you're looking for 40+ mpg maybe a Vespa. If you're considering used try an older Vegas low with the 92 ci

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
If you like bikes so much but Mpg is an issue why not find a dieselmotorbike ? Also victory makes electronic motorcycle now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts