Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday, I picked up a 2008 Victory Vegas 8-Ball with less then 100 miles on it. The guy I bought it from let it sit for 3 years untouched, and yes he bought it brand new. I had it towed to my garage, where I plan to drain the gas, change the oil and replace the battery. The tires look good and the brakes are working. Should I be looking at anything else once I get it started?

My previous bike was a 2009 Honda CBR 600rr. I was just too tall for the damn thing (6'4"). Plus, i'm getting too old (38) and every muscle hurt after riding the CBR.

Well, i hope to learn a lot about Victory's here on the forums. I am indeed a forum junkie. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum. I am also in NJ and all that I am looking for is those warmer mornings. By the time you get your bike checked out it should be a little warmer and then all you will have to look for is lots of ridding and having fun. Good luck with your new ride

·
Registered
931 Posts
Welcome aboard, NNJ here aswell. Both are nice bikes you have there. Being the new to you is an 08 I would check the date code on the tires. I usually replace when they reach 5 or 6 years old, cracking is a bitch. Enjoy the ride

LOL its warm enough already, I take mine to work when I can.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I do my own work for the most part. I normally use locomotion powersports in Suffern ny, but in a pinch and maybe just oil or some s100 Motorcycle mall, i won't let them touch my vic though they just started selling vics

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
931 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
bunch of nice guys up there, Frank even saved me from getting deeper in debt. He advised me not to trade my pin on a used 2010 Vision. Easy to get to, 17 north take Franklin tpk exit to suffern they are on the right Polaris, vic, and triumph dealer.

I might be going on Ramapo Rumble this sunday the 19th its up by them

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
true that. Saturday is my sisters birthday and I have to help my brother in law with rebuilding a room in their house. sucks. Hopefully, I can get some work in on Saturday. Oh, I do have to register the bike on Saturday morning. I order all my parts that I need and they should be arriving Friday.

lol FML I also order $900 worth of new LED Lights (front and Rear turn signals) and a side lighted License plate frame. Now i'm looking at exhausts. I have problems, the bike doesn't even run yet!

I got these, minus the front fork turn signals. I got regular front LED lights.
All black too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts