Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! I am new to this forum and am looking for technical info in order to choose my bike by next spring! I am 5'10 - 155 lbs - 46 year old, a 15 years relearner (kids grown up ;-). I want motorcycle that has mostly torque over power, I LOVE to make it rev low, get a good acceleration out of the curves, and would like a good sound system (pipes) :) I mostly do small 2-3 hour rides on small backroads, but will enjoy a full day of riding once in a while, sometimes two-up.

Also I look for personnal input from Victory owners that have had either of the following: HD Wide Glide, Yamaha Stryker, Victory Vegas (2012-up). I wonder if any of the 3 would be too much for a relearner, but at the same time, my demo rides at the local HD dealers have proven that these bikes are easy to handle, yet I never had to face an emergency situation (I actually prevented to get into one.. :)

Thanks for feeding this forum, very helpful so far !
Steph

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from CT, Steph.

Well, right off the bat, the Vic engines don't really like to be lugged in the low RPM range. They are most happy in the 2000-and-up range. It can be mitigated with a good cam job, quality fuel controller and a dyno tune, but at the end of the day they like to be revved.

·
12,970 Posts
for 2 grand you can have a 100 horse victory. WYRD cams is by you
Sombra, Ontario
you'll smoke any harley you meet. If it were me I would get a bagger. You can scrap floor boards all you want and ride as far as you want

1 - 4 of 4 Posts